Changes for The Alabama Roster on NCAA 09

thesnowman8

1st Team
Jul 1, 2004
Barnwell, SC USA
Hey guys,

I wanted to start a thread for there to be changes to give to these roster editors on OS Sports, PastePadre, etc....I want us to be able to give them a list of changes that need to be made for the Alabama roster on NCAA 09. Help would be appreciated.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
I've got some.

1. Terry Grant needs to be faster. At the very least he's just as fast as Knowshon Moreno, so his speed needs to be bumped up to at least 94 if not a little higher.
2. Johns shouldn't be on the roster, and even if he is he shouldn't be at FB.
3. BJ Scott should be at WR
4. Antoine Caldwell should not be at RT, he should be at C
5. I think they have Mark Barron at OLB and he should be at SS
6. Kareem Jackson needs a serious upgrade, he should be our top CB
7. P.J. Fitzgerald should not be better than Leigh Tiffin

I know there are plenty more but those are just the ones off the top of my head right now.

LukeDuke

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 25, 2007
I hate playin with messed up rosters and this thread is helping. I changed everything mentioned so far and also added Chris Jackson to the game, changed Jimmy Johns to Thomas Darrah, Changed Corey Reamers skin pigmentation and thats all i can remember right now. Is there anything else you guys can think of? thanks!

ElkhartTider

All-American
Jan 13, 2005
Elkhart, Indiana
the thing i hate about the initial rosters is for instance with JJ... he is a senior in the game and there is no way of changing that... so you couldnt just make him into one of the amazing true freshman we have coming in.. you would have to make him into another player that is a senior.. to be accurate at least...

im just gonna put his ratings all the way down to 40 so i'll never see him on the depth chart.. thats the same thing i did with prothro a couple years back..

LukeDuke

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 25, 2007
RollTide13 26 what system are you playing on? On last years Xbox 360 version im pretty sure you could not change the the class of the player(i.e. JJ being a senior) but thankfully they changed it on this years game! So I have already transformed a few players :biggrin:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Yeah...I tried scrambling and it was as if JPW was wearing high heels. Of course I got drug down from behind. Ugh. He really isn't that slow in real life.
Sounds right.

It probably is just a glitch with the game itself. I think NCAA has just gone overboard to fix the problem.

If you recall, for years and years on the PS2 / Xbox versions of the game, a fast quarterback was unstoppable. You could just outrun everyone, regardless of the pursuit angles, and it would look like Albert Means trying to run down Jesse Owens. The absolute easiest way to turn an East Popcorn State into a national powerhouse on dynasty mode was to go out and recruit a one-star WR who had like 97 speed. You could get him, put him at quarterback, run the option, and you'd be dang near unstoppable even though you couldn't throw the ball for crap.

In last year's game, though, on the next-gen consoles, it was extremely difficult to run with any quarterback. Even with Pat White, you were pretty much SOL if you were looking to run the ball on the higher levels of competition. The guys were just too slow relative to the defenders. I think they just went overboard trying to fix the original problem, and created a new problem in its place.

Last edited:

ElkhartTider

All-American
Jan 13, 2005
Elkhart, Indiana
RollTide13 26 what system are you playing on? On last years Xbox 360 version im pretty sure you could not change the the class of the player(i.e. JJ being a senior) but thankfully they changed it on this years game! So I have already transformed a few players :biggrin:
im playing on a ps3... ill check when i get home if you can edit it this year or not... it"d be awesome if ya can!

TheDon24

Scout Team
Oct 16, 2007
sardis, alabama
What should i do with freshman WR's Destin Hood and Melvin Ray? They both decided to go to the major league baseball, so what should i do with them on NCAA Football 2009?

LukeDuke

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 25, 2007
What should i do with freshman WR's Destin Hood and Melvin Ray? They both decided to go to the major league baseball, so what should i do with them on NCAA Football 2009?
I just changed Destin Hood to Corey Smith and Melvin Ray to Justin Woodall. But I'll probably still change some other people later, I wish there was more roster space.

drjamesm

All-American
Nov 12, 2003
bham,al,USA
Also,it dosen't have RT D. Davis on the roster.#79 is a true fr. with T Loves size.Also,#16 cb Mitchell is on the roster and he's not on the team either.

drjamesm

All-American
Nov 12, 2003
bham,al,USA
I believe that Hightower is going to start. Taking our Crimson glasses off how high should he be rated? I have him rated just under Ro.
I would rate him about 74-76 which is pretty good for a true fr. RO is mid 85-6.As far as wr's we have many to add such as Jackson,Hanks etc.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
I believe that Hightower is going to start. Taking our Crimson glasses off how high should he be rated? I have him rated just under Ro.
I would rate him pretty close to 80. Rolando is vastly underrated in the game and should be somewhere in the mid 80s.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
Another question: How high would you rate Mark Ingram?
I would rate Ingram around 80-82. JMHO.

Do any of ya'll have the cheers and songs loaded for situations on XBox 360? i'd like to know how to do it.
If you burn the cheers and songs that you want to a CD you can then put them into your 360 and set up the situations through the in-game menu. I think you can also stream them from your PC if you have the file share set up with your 360. I did some via the CD route and it was pretty easy, I'd definitely recommend it because it's pretty awesome to hear CD quality sound during the game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.