Changes with Conecuh Sausage?

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Like many here, Conecuh has always been my “go to” when a recipe calls for smoked sausage. And to be honest, I’ve always looked for any reason to use it even when the recipe didn’t call for it 😉.

The last couple of times I’ve purchased it though, I’ve been surprised at 1) how much more “greasy” (not juice) it seems and 2) how much thicker or tougher the outer casing seems to be.

I know at times during 2021 they had supply chain issues that caused periodic shortages. I’m wondering changed the ingredients and are using a thicker casing now.

Anyone else notice anything?

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Like many here, Conecuh has always been my “go to” when a recipe calls for smoked sausage. And to be honest, I’ve always looked for any reason to use it even when the recipe didn’t call for it 😉.

The last couple of times I’ve purchased it though, I’ve been surprised at 1) how much more “greasy” (not juice) it seems and 2) how much thicker or tougher the outer casing seems to be.

I know at times during 2021 they had supply chain issues that caused periodic shortages. I’m wondering changed the ingredients and are using a thicker casing now.

Anyone else notice anything?
The casings were tougher on my last 3 cooks.
I noticed our local grocery stores have 2-3 varieties of the Conecuh Sausages. I really like the Original Sausages they have made for years. My favorite griddle menu has Conecuh Sausages in Stir Fries. I love em in Low Country Boil's and I make a mean Griddle Sausage Dog with them. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE TASTE.

• Thank You
Reactions: CB4

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I noticed our local grocery stores have 2-3 varieties of the Conecuh Sausages. I really like the Original Sausages they have made for years. My favorite griddle menu has Conecuh Sausages in Stir Fries. I love em in Low Country Boil's and I make a mean Griddle Sausage Dog with them. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE TASTE.
Thanks. I’m an “original” guy as well. I too use it in my low country boils. I also use it in my stuffed jalapeños.

I believe without question they have gone with a thicker casing. I actually emailed their customer service a couple of weeks back and never got a response.

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
This has been my experience with my last 3 grills. I smoked a few for July 4th and Memorial Day. I also smoked another brand. Frankly the other brand was better.

Reactions: CB4

Latest threads

Shop the TideFans.shop !

Your purchase through our TideFans.shop links helps support the site! Thanks!