Checking in on our Gulf Coast folks?

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
I know this is not "FB" related but want to reach the broad audience ...

Just wanted to check in on our many Gulf Coast members and friends! My in-laws are in Foley and have a bunch of trees down and fence blown down but thankfully no house damage as of yet. They say it's much worse damage around their house than they had in Frederick. Also, lots of land flooding around them.

Hoping those of you in the path have made it through as well as possible. Praying for you all for no significant damage or injuries and a speedy recovery if you have had any! RTR!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Friends and family in Fairhope and Mobile. Hope to be able to get in touch later today. This is probably a bad day for pecan orchards. Those things lay over in a strong breeze if the soil`s wet.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Wind is still moving quite a bit but the rain is gone. We got over 33” of rain in the last 36 hours, it was insane. This storm was unlike any other one I’ve ever seen. It was supposed to be a weak Cat 1 but ended up stalling right before landfall and got almost to Cat 3 strength before it hit. It was a loooooong night. My roof is pretty much destroyed.

Last edited:

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I have a friend who is the Police Chief for the Port Authority.
Haven't heard from him.
Every time a big blow comes to Mobile, he's busy for weeks.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.