Chiefs Hall of Fame QB Len Dawson in hospice care

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
:(

One of THE quarterbacks of my youth. We all know about his career with the Chiefs - but he played college ball as a Boilermaker.

Wiki:

During the recruiting process, Dawson had to choose between Ohio State University in Columbus and Purdue University in Indiana. While he was reluctant to take over Woody Hayes' split-T offense with the Buckeyes, the true reason he selected Purdue stemmed from the rapport he had established with assistant coach Hank Stram, beginning a friendship that would last for more than a half-century.

As a sophomore in 1954, Dawson's first as Purdue quarterback, he was the NCAA's leader in pass efficiency, while also playing defense and serving as the team's kicker. Behind a strong offensive line, he threw four touchdown passes in a 31–0 victory over Missouri, then later engineered a huge upset of Notre Dame, which had entered the contest on a 13-game winning streak.

During three seasons (1954-1956) with the Boilermakers, Dawson threw for over 3,000 yards, leading the Big Ten Conference in that category during each year. He was named All-American (3rd Team) during the 1956 season. He was an All-Big Ten Quarterback during the 1955 and 1956 seasons.

Prayers sent.......

Tide-one-on

All-SEC
Aug 14, 2003
Pensacola, FL 32514
Father was in the Air Force , so we were stationed at Offutt AFB in Nebraska in 1965 thru 1972. Got the Chiefs games on NBC as a kid and been a fan ever since. Lenny Cool is the reason why. One of my favorite all time players! I hate to hear this. Loved him and Nick B on The HBO Inside the NFL for years. It was the best!

Reactions: FaninLA and Bazza

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
When I was a boy, my dad was stationed at ft Leavenworth. I became a big chiefs fan. Boy, what a team. Dawson, Otis Taylor, bubba bell, Willie Lanier and others. A while back, but now it seems like yesterday.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.