China Warns: Pelosi Trip Marks ‘Invasion’ and Military Has Right to Fire on Her Plane

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Scanning some of our past history I was reminded when Taiwan was ultimately humiliated and voted out of the UN in 1971 with the US tacitly approving a one China policy.

We seem to have been so inconsistent with our policies and messaging in so many places over the years and allowed pure greed to drive our relationship with Mainland China in supporting their entrance into the WTO.

It will be disgraceful now to begin to embrace Taiwan then turn away with the start of a new administration.

It is unwise to underestimate China economically or militarily now that we have allowed them to steal our markets and intellectual property for years. Respect for their government absolutely not.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Good for her.
In the article it said that she arrived in a US Air Force transport plane but it had United States Of America down the exterior identical to Air Force One.

I have never been an avid Nancy Pelosi supporter but after her handling of the Jan. 6 committee when she came down the steps from the plane this somewhat frail Grand Mother appeared to me to be about eight feet tall.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
It's way past time we stop allowing the Chinese to bully us, in any way. There's literally nothing they can do that wouldn't hurt themselves more than it hurt us.

Screw 'em.
I will say that President Biden in this case should have made a full throated endorsement of the Speaker of the House of his own party visiting Taiwan. He needs to adjust his comments relative to China and Russia and not rule out options that could exist based on some extreme act from either of them. Just for example ruling out the possibility of implementing a no fly zone over Ukraine in the first days of the invasion saying "heavens no we don't want World War III". Yet both of our adversaries rattle their sabers daily.

Diogenes

3rd Team
Jul 7, 2021
Only 12 percent of the world’s microchip production takes place in the U.S., down from 37 percent in 1990. That percentage declines further when you exclude “legacy” chips with wider spaces between transistors — the vast majority of bleeding-edge chips are manufactured in Taiwan, and most factories not found on that island reside in Asian nations like South Korea, China and Japan.

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH and seebell

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Only 12 percent of the world’s microchip production takes place in the U.S., down from 37 percent in 1990. That percentage declines further when you exclude “legacy” chips with wider spaces between transistors — the vast majority of bleeding-edge chips are manufactured in Taiwan, and most factories not found on that island reside in Asian nations like South Korea, China and Japan.
From what I've heard factories are ramping up here, but the time line is a couple of years out...talk about a strategic weakness!!!

Reactions: NationalTitles18

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I’ll reiterate what I’ve said earlier. The fact that Ms Pelosi stared down that evil regime against the threats they made has forever earned my respect. Believe it or not, a woman backed them down and they can’t stand it. Thank you Nancy Pelosi for your leadership! I wish others from both parties would do the same.

Diogenes

3rd Team
Jul 7, 2021
Instead of the batteries becoming the next great American success story, the warehouse is now shuttered and empty. All the employees who worked there were laid off. And more than 5,200 miles away, a Chinese company is hard at work making the batteries in Dalian, China.

The Chinese company didn't steal this technology. It was given to them — by the U.S. Department of Energy. First in 2017, as part of a sublicense, and later, in 2021, as part of a license transfer.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
This gives me a glimmer of hope.
In think tank’s Taiwan war game, US beats China at high cost
Now, a wargame is better at bringing to light the political issues (e.g. basing and overflight of the Philippines or not) than the technical/tactical ones (if the simulation overestimates the capabilities of the F-35 or understimates those capabilities, for example, the game will turn out very differently).
The USMC-Navy did a great job in the interwar years (1919-1940) examining the likely environment in which the USMC would fight in the next war (the Pacific), deducing who the likely opponent would be (Japan), studying the terrain (lots of islands), developing a strategy to defeat that opponent (Island hopping), and then developing and procuring the equipment and developing the doctrine the USMC/Navy would need to carry out the strategy.
See Williamson Murray's Military Innovation in the Interwar Period.
Here's hoping today's USMC-Navy team are equally successful in their foresight.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.