Christmas Music Thread

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
Been listening to recordings of the Lessons and Carols Service from the church we went to in Athens going back to 2012 ad nausem since well before Thanksgiving. VERY talented musicians there. My favorite versions of “O Come O Come Emmanuel” (which is my favorite Christmas song by far) are from a lady there who sings it every year, as well as the occasional “O Holy Night”. She also introduced me to “In the Bleak Midwinter”. Every song she touches turns to gold.

Last edited:
Reactions: 92tide and Bazza

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
obviously didn't happen this year, but we do a messiah sing a long every year. i have been a few times, it is a great evening being led by some very talented musicians.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Those are fun if you've ever sung the Messiah in a choir. Really...
i got to sing this piece with an orchestra and large choir as part of the program at a christmas concert at peachtree presbyterian. about the same size as in this video. the guy who put on the concert was the partner of our organist at the time and everyone from our church choir jhad an open invitation. it was a bit past the limits of my chorale abilities with just one rehearsal the evening before, but it was a ton of fun getting to participate.

Reactions: TexasBama

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Jerry Granelli is the last surviving member of the original group led by Vince Guaraldi that played the the soundtrack for the iconic television broadcast A Charlie Brown Christmas back in 1965. In this 2014 recording we see the Jerry Granelli trio perform Vince Guaraldi's "Linus and Lucy".

An exclusive recording for the East Coast Music Hour, a radio program based in Halifax, NS Canada that is part of the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.

Jerry Granelli - Drums
Chris Gestrin - Piano
Simon Fisk - Bass
Directed by Stewart Young
Produced by Jeff Reilly
Recording Engineer: Pat Martin