Link: Clemson Names Freshman Lawrence Starting QB; Bryant Announces Intent to Transfer

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Re: Clemson now has a freshman QB as their starter. Dabo names Lawrence starter

[MAP][/MAP]
I haven’t watched a lot of Clemson games, but from what I’ve read it seems their defense is the bigger problem.

Perhaps the dline drank too much of the kool aid.
They were really good but not amazing last year. Same line this year.

saturdaysarebet

3rd Team
Jul 26, 2018

He upgrades their passing attack and their offense. You can't play as tight against the run with Lawrence in there.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I think it's similar to our deal with Jalen and Tua except I don't think Lawrence separates himself from Bryant like Tua does from Jalen.

FWIW, I do think Lawrence (in the small amount of PT I've seen) is going to be the real deal. I still like us going head to head with them with Tua slinging the rock. Bring on anybody, IMO!
I agree that he is the real deal and he will make Clemson a major factor this year and for the two years following. I happened to be in the car and heard some of the radio broadcast of the Clemson/GT game and the announcer said that Dabo loves the way he runs also. Big kid that runs fast so while he is a true pocket passer he can take off and burn you on the ground. IMO Clemson is now our biggest competition for the trophy with this kid's arm talent.

TUSCALOOSAHONOR

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2014
Slocomb, Al
www.facebook.com

On a somewhat similar note (or at least a consequence of all these starter changes) ....

Saw where a bunch of guys around the country are now taking redshirts and transferring after the 4th game. Some were even STARTERS but unsatisfied with how much playing time they were getting.

I think this is going to be the new normal.
To me this is the worst thing they could have done to college football.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

I’m still shocked it passed. I just feel like it’s too easy to exploit.
Well part of this was it went hand in hand with making transfers too easy, if transfers kept a meaningful penalty people wouldn't be doing this so much.

I like the 4 game rule, I think it is helps player safety issues as well since you can play someone in place of in injured player without taking the redshirt off, however the transfer situation and cap on scholarship creates a potentially bad situation. To "fix" things they need to hold players to their commitment to go and play for a school with bigger penalties for leaving, or increase the scholarship limit to the point that anticipated losses are built into the numbers. As it stands now a team can lose all their depth around the 4th game.

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL

You have to love Jalen and the way he has handled being passed by Tua. Both are awesome young men.

JustinT256

1st Team
Sep 21, 2015
Dayton, Ohio

You have to love Jalen and the way he has handled being passed by Tua. Both are awesome young men.
While I agree with you, Jalen is going to have another year to play regardless of what happens this year. Bryant is a senior.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

Just read Kelly Bryant missed practice again today. Dabo will address the situation tomorrow. It will be interesting to see if he transfers. I bet he stays but if not, who else is left? I know one or two other QB left before the season.

I hope any Bama players who are thinking of transferring decide to stay and at least finish the year. I’m not aware of any thinking about this . I think Jalen stays for sure.

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn

Through sheer talent, Tua displaces a starting QB and a crown is put on his head. Trevor Lawrence does the same thing and he is mocked and ridiculed. SMH

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I’m still shocked it passed. I just feel like it’s too easy to exploit.
Unanimously passed at that.

Not sure if this was a major unintended consequence or what.
Through sheer talent, Tua displaces a starting QB and a crown is put on his head. Trevor Lawrence does the same thing and he is mocked and ridiculed. SMH
Who is mocking and ridiculing the kid? People can't have jokes about the next Suave commercial superstar?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.