Clemson reminds me of 2010 Tide

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
I’ve watched several Clemson games and they just aren’t impressive. I still think they go undefeated in the regular season and acccg. There are just no challengers in that conference, but they look sluggish and like they think they can just turn it on whenever and win. That will probably work until they get to the playoffs and then face OU, OSU, UGA, or Bama. They will get killed if they don’t up their game considerably. I think all but UGA would hang a big number on them, and UGA would strangle the life out of them 5-7 yards at a time. This reminds of the 2010 Tide. All the talent in the world but the team never clicked and lost games they shouldn’t have with the talent they had. Losing to USCe was a travesty.

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
Made a bet with my dad today that USCe would beat Clemson this year, so this is fitting.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
They would've been better off this year if they'd beat us with a scrappy gym rat scoring a TD on a pick play than the skull dragging they gave us. I think this year they've been fed a bit too much rat poison because the world had been waiting for someone to put a Bama-like Beating on Bama since for a decade. They're a darling and they're getting sucked into the trap.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Defensive Coordinators have more film and experience versus Clemson this go around. Comparable to a baseball pitcher in his 2nd year. Coaches are able to spot tendencies. I thought the Tarheels played pretty well today.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I’m thinking a more apt comparison is with 2014 Florida State. A long winning streak in a terrible conference with a newly hyped young QB as defending champions.......and then a blowout loss the moment they played a decent team.

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
On the other hand, let's hope this is not a wake up call like the 2009 Alabama - TN game and they get their act together. Here's hoping they continue to eat the "rat poison".

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
They would've been better off this year if they'd beat us with a scrappy gym rat scoring a TD on a pick play than the skull dragging they gave us. I think this year they've been fed a bit too much rat poison because the world had been waiting for someone to put a Bama-like Beating on Bama since for a decade. They're a darling and they're getting sucked into the trap.
All I can say is..."good!"

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I’m thinking a more apt comparison is with 2014 Florida State. A long winning streak in a terrible conference with a newly hyped young QB as defending champions.......and then a blowout loss the moment they played a decent team.
That’s what I think as well. I fully expect Clemson to go undefeated with a lot of close calls by lesser teams but they out talent them. I just hope we are #1 or #2 and get to face them in the semis.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
I saw Dabo smile on the sidelines when the 2-pt went dead. It was not a relieved smile, it was almost a shrug that they expected to win the game, and here it was, strangely enough, on the last play. Saban would have been purple with rage.

And that's the difference. Dabo and his players made a big sickening thing after they won in January, that their way is the fun way, we all go home to our kids, the players are hanging out, we have fun practices, we throw in a few reps because why not? It is all deep-southern-drawl siesta kickin' back let-the-game-come-to-you, just chillax. And Saban is no fun, all work, no play, old fashioned shouty task master slave driver. Not my scene, daddio, too heavy.

I hope they are truly eating their own rat poison. They can recruit all the players that think it is easy to stay on top of the mountain once you get to the top of the mountain. Because Saban knows different.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I think they are just missing that Senior leadership that they had in both of the championship seasons. They are still LOADED with talent and their defense has been far more consistent than Bama’s. TL though is definitely having a Sophomore slump so far. We’ll see if Pantene and the boys will dial it up soon.

Oh....and they’re probably already game planning for Bama. And no, I’m not joking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Thing is, they can lose one and still probably get in as long as it’s not the acccg. Wouldn’t surprise me if he tanked the game on purpose.

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Dabo has made comments about the ACC being a stronger conference than everyone else thinks? Tanking does make sense? The perception is important to Dabo.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Dabo has made comments about the ACC being a stronger conference than everyone else thinks? Tanking does make sense? The perception is important to Dabo.
They miss both Duke and UVA in the regular season, and Clemson will have its act together by the time they play the ACCCG. Clemson really does have the easiest schedule of any contender, which is the primary reason that they are a contender this year.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I can't understand why Mack Brown went for "the win" AT HOME.

Didn't he know he didn't have Colt McCoy at quarterback???????

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
If they lose one with that schedule, they don’t deserve in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm pretty certain that the way the perception is right now there is no way they get in with a loss. The ACC is bad and everyone accepts that at this point. In a scenario where you have unbeaten OSU, OU, and an SEC champ and then either 1 loss Bama, Auburn, UGA or LSU I don't see how you would put them in over the SEC team. All of the SEC teams would have multiple quality wins and their only loss would be to a playoff team. Clemson would have almost no quality wins and a bad loss. The only difference would be conference champ but I don't think that would matter either. Even this close win against UNC could hurt them. In a tight situation there schedule will be analyzed to death.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I can't understand why Mack Brown went for "the win" AT HOME.

Didn't he know he didn't have Colt McCoy at quarterback???????
He blew the game earlier in the 4th. He went for it on 4th and 1 at the Clemson 45. He didn't get it, gave Clemson momentum, which they turned into a TD.

Mack tried to steal a win, two times, instead of trusting his players.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.