Closed...

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
A lot of rival fans like to mention this when flaming BAMA. From what I've gathered from comments by a bunch of people, it never happened. The impression I got is that it would have taken someone with a bionic arm to pull it off. Anyone have any details regarding the liklihood of such a throw. How high , how far, etc?

Big_Fan

1st Team
Mar 1, 2001
Wilmore, KY, USA
Re: The Bill Curry brick incident.

There was a brick.

There was a brick through a window.

The window was Curry's office window.

There were also two quarterbacks in the office at the time the brick broke the window.

There was also a "discussion" going on about who should be starting and why.

Why was the glass on the ground outside instead of in the office?

Ask the center. He knows.

Jim Morris

1st Team
Oct 13, 1999
Athens,AL
ps.tidefans.com

There was a brick.

There was a brick through a window.

The window was Curry's office window.

There were also two quarterbacks in the office at the time the brick broke the window.

There was also a "discussion" going on about who should be starting and why.

Why was the glass on the ground outside instead of in the office?

Ask the center. He knows.
Exactly, CBC tried to save his rear and made the story up. He knew a fan didn't throw the brick but it made for a good excuse to head for the KY.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA

I heard from good sources that Curry "expelled" the brick through the window when someone told him that Bama hired him over Bobby Bowden. ;)

CapitalTider

All-American
Jun 8, 2004
Vienna, VA

I'm pretty sure there was a thread on this here a couple of years ago. There was even a humorous story that someone wrote about the incident called "The Curry Connundrum." It was my understanding that the window was quite high and it would have been virtually impossible for anyone to throw a brick that high hard enough to go through the office window.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004

I just assumed that Prince Wimbley threw the brick. :conf2:

jeffs4thetide

1st Team
Sep 20, 2005
Trussville, AL

Ok, i am amazed. Why are we talking about this? This was like over 15 years ago? This is Tennessee week and we are talking about a brick thru Bill Curry's window?

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com

Ok, i am amazed. Why are we talking about this? This was like over 15 years ago? This is Tennessee week and we are talking about a brick thru Bill Curry's window?
Golly jeff, your profile says you are interested in "anything alabama".

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

OK, I'm confused. Why did CBC have a brick in his office and who were the 2 QBs and what have they had to say about this?:conf3:

Feb 27, 2000
Ozark, Al.

Curry might have said " Let me show you boys how good a center I was" snapping.....the brick to one of the QBs & it went thru the window:biggrin:

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

OK, I'm confused. Why did CBC have a brick in his office and who were the 2 QBs and what have they had to say about this?:conf3:
Well, one of the QBs was almost certainly Jeff Dunn, as he "played" during the Ole Miss Homecoming debacle (I was at the game. Not pretty. Made this year's offense look like the St. Louis Rams. IIRC, we did not complete a single pass.) The other might have been Gary Hollingsworth.

As for the brick, it's entire possible that Curry created that brick in his shorts as the press descended on him after that game.

Interesting side note--As my buddy and I trudged out of BDS, I heard a guy in a neighboring exit line stop and his tracks and yell out, "G*Ddammit, Roll Tide Anyway". I went over and shook his hand.

Big_Fan

1st Team
Mar 1, 2001
Wilmore, KY, USA

Well, one of the QBs was almost certainly Jeff Dunn, as he "played" during the Ole Miss Homecoming debacle (I was at the game. Not pretty. Made this year's offense look like the St. Louis Rams. IIRC, we did not complete a single pass.) The other might have been Gary Hollingsworth.

As for the brick, it's entire possible that Curry created that brick in his shorts as the press descended on him after that game.

Interesting side note--As my buddy and I trudged out of BDS, I heard a guy in a neighboring exit line stop and his tracks and yell out, "G*Ddammit, Roll Tide Anyway". I went over and shook his hand.

As for the why on the brick...have you ever build a house and gotten samples? Bill's kitchen floor was brick pavers.

As for the QB question...the answer is really simple... I mean, you could say it is transparent or even black and white...

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama

I explained the reason for my curiosity in the opening post. Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL

I explained the reason for my curiosity in the opening post. Do you have a reading comprehension problem?
OUCH!!! :eek2:

Man I love the brick story and any-everything else showing what an incredible pathetic, self absorbed, pitiful...uhh I'm running out of family-friendly adjectives to describe the last man taken in the NFL draft..yada yada..:biggrin2: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA:

SirCrimson

1st Team
Feb 5, 2001
Alabama

I dont believe the brick thru the window incident ever happened. I think Curry made this up to to get the he## outta Tuscaloosa cause he couldnt stand the heat.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

As for the why on the brick...have you ever build a house and gotten samples? Bill's kitchen floor was brick pavers.

As for the QB question...the answer is really simple... I mean, you could say it is transparent or even black and white...
Sutton, huh? I had forgotten about him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.