Link: CNN legal advisor jumps to white privilege defense with interviewer who is not white

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
https://www.dailywire.com/news/4221...m_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro

She couldn't fault what he was saying so she just jumped right into skin color defense. I guess she thought he sounded white? Her people obviously told her what color they thought he was based on his achievements? Where he worked? So much racism in such a small segment. It's absolutely delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
What an idiot. She didn’t even apologize for it. She instead apologized by blaming her staff for giving her the wrong information. If I was the host I would have asked her what color the staff she is now blaming for this is.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Interesting. When she said she was given the wrong information by her people.....is she saying part of that information that she was given included the color skin the man had?

I think she just said that because she felt she had to come up with 'something' that deflected the blame.

It's not a big deal to me because this is the political world we live in.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I also think that kind of stuff that she's "selling" is counter productive to blacks - and other minorities.

No doubt, racism still exists.....and needs to be called out.

But not by creating divide.

That's BS! :rolleyes:

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I really like his concluding remarks:
"Webb concluded, “But based on my color you were going to something I was part of , and just to add to it, my family background is white, black, Indian, Arawak, Irish, Scottish; I mean, it’s so diverse, I’m like the U.N. when it comes to this. And this is part of the problem with driving the narrative around a construct like white privilege. Privilege is one thing where applied well, the economy, various social factors, but not necessarily determined by color of skin."

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
I really like his concluding remarks:
"Webb concluded, “But based on my color you were going to something I was part of , and just to add to it, my family background is white, black, Indian, Arawak, Irish, Scottish; I mean, it’s so diverse, I’m like the U.N. when it comes to this. And this is part of the problem with driving the narrative around a construct like white privilege. Privilege is one thing where applied well, the economy, various social factors, but not necessarily determined by color of skin."
He's wrong.

White privilege means that I don't get randomly pulled over by the police because I'm white.

Even wealthy and prominent African-Americans will tell you of instances where they are pulled over under the same circumstances.

Sen. Tim Scott, in the Summer of 2016: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tim-scott-pulled-over_us_5786bfffe4b08608d332eaa0

A white kid shoots up a church, and he's taken to get fast food on his way to jail after his arrest.

Put a young black kid in that same circumstance, and we're probably not talking about him surviving, much less swinging by Burger King.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
He's wrong.

White privilege means that I don't get randomly pulled over by the police because I'm white.

Even wealthy and prominent African-Americans will tell you of instances where they are pulled over under the same circumstances.

Sen. Tim Scott, in the Summer of 2016: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tim-scott-pulled-over_us_5786bfffe4b08608d332eaa0

A white kid shoots up a church, and he's taken to get fast food on his way to jail after his arrest.

Put a young black kid in that same circumstance, and we're probably not talking about him surviving, much less swinging by Burger King.
I don’t deny white privilege. I’m saying I appreciated his comments in light the context of the interview.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I also think that kind of stuff that she's "selling" is counter productive to blacks - and other minorities.

No doubt, racism still exists.....and needs to be called out.

But not by creating divide.

That's BS! :rolleyes:
well, only 4 more days until you can tell them that they should act more like martin luther king jr. and not create division

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
When I worked in state govt. in MS, were were told that we had the option of celebrating Gen. Lee's or Martin Luther King's birthday.
Right. Same in Alabama. It’s listed that way on our school calendars here (“Lee/King Day”). That was my point. I was just joking because I find the whole REL day coinciding with MLK day absurd regardless of its defense.

Cue Tidewater post in 3...2....1 haha.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
If the state of Alabama wants to have a REL day then fine, I got no problem with it.

It should not be the same day as MLK day, that way we state employees get another day off.

Why combine 2 holidays into one day when you could separate them and have more days off! /bluefont

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
Right. Same in Alabama. It’s listed that way on our school calendars here (“Lee/King Day”). That was my point. I was just joking because I find the whole REL day coinciding with MLK day absurd regardless of its defense.

Cue Tidewater post in 3...2....1 haha.

We also got Confederate Memorial Day off as well. I think it was the last day in April.

But, oddly enough, we worked on Federal Memorial Day. Go figure. ;)

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
He's wrong.

Good point......but what is the difference then between White Privilege, Profiling, Racism, and Stereotyping?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.