CNO discusses his five year plan for the program ...

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Hope the PTB are working on getting us out of the Quonset hut
From the folks I've talked to, either Phase 2 or Phase 3 of the athletics upgrades is a remodel of Coleman Coliseum, but it won't begin until all costs have been covered by donations.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I'm sure the PTB will keep this as a priority, especially after this past season's success. The crazy thing is ... I don't think it wouldn't even have been an issue to pack out Coleman if it wasn't for COVID of course. So I wonder how they take the amount of seats they use for the next venue if the success of the program continues.

Reactions: TiderJack

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'm sure the PTB will keep this as a priority, especially after this past season's success. The crazy thing is ... I don't think it wouldn't even have been an issue to pack out Coleman if it wasn't for COVID of course. So I wonder how they take the amount of seats they use for the next venue if the success of the program continues.
Smaller, more intimate, with the students on top the floor seem to be all in demand these days...

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Smaller, more intimate, with the students on top the floor seem to be all in demand these days...
Agreed, but we may not want a 8-9000 capacity seating like the Barn has if we keep getting better and packing out Coleman per what Bamaville said. I don't think 15,000 is the number but maybe 12k and we could still keep it intimate with students on top of the floor.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I will give Coach Cal credit, he saw the possibility of CNO's success during his first season here. He was very vocal about how he thought he would have an impact in the conference ... so far Cals been spot on.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.