Alabama: CNS harping on I am going to call Jimbo

rtr90

1st Team
Dec 7, 2018
How many times CNS harped on I am going to call Jimbo since Saturday ....

I feel like he is hinting to their earlier brush up when Jimbo didnt take his call

Reactions: dtgreg

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I can’t remember which college basketball coach it was but I do remember it was during the NCAA tournament. He was asked about “switching defenses”, playing less zone, matching up, etc.. He said something along the lines “yeah we’ll start the game in a 2-3 zone. Then their next possession we’ll switch to 1-3-1 half court zone trap. Also we plan to press full court after every made basket. And I think we’ll play combo like a triangle and two with the guys up front matching up man to man and play zone underneath….”

Then he just stopped and “Really? Really?…you honestly think I’m going to share that with you?”

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I'm just as mystified with that question as Saban is. I don't know why a special package has to be put together. Every team should already have a "package" in place for the backup QB in every game because the starter can get hurt on the first play of the game. The OC does not wait until the starter gets hurt and then ask the HC "What should we do now?" I think that is Saban's point. That's why he says "We already have a package, you want us to put a new one together?"

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
It’s funny. Jumbo said something similar today when the reporters kept asking who would start at QB. Don’t be surprised if we see the freshman, Weigman (sp?).

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
It’s funny. Jumbo said something similar today when the reporters kept asking who would start at QB. Don’t be surprised if we see the freshman, Weigman (sp?).
Come on Jimbo, don't do it, true freshman, in Tuscaloosa, 330 game, against Will and Co. after you've been running your yapper all summer. Recipe for disaster.

• Haha
Reactions: B1GTide

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
No, he’s telling a reporter that he isn’t going to reveal an offensive game plan to an opposing team.
I believe the OP's point is that CNS said all of this in the post game press conference on Saturday and then did it again in the weekly press conference on Monday. I thought it odd that he used the same example back to back like that as well.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
I love Coach Saban but sometimes it's like he doesn't listen to the question and just already has a prefabbed answer ready to go. He did it at the end of the Arkansas game the reporter asked a fine question and he jumped her like she'd asked a different question. He was very testy yesterday with questions that didn't seem very controversial to me.

You could just as easily say yeah we are going to try to work some plays with him and then not do it. In that way you could use the media to deceive the other team. It was obvious yesterday was one of those press conferences he just kind of wanted to be a jerk.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I love Coach Saban but sometimes it's like he doesn't listen to the question and just already has a prefabbed answer ready to go. He did it at the end of the Arkansas game the reporter asked a fine question and he jumped her like she'd asked a different question. He was very testy yesterday with questions that didn't seem very controversial to me.

You could just as easily say yeah we are going to try to work some plays with him and then not do it. In that way you could use the media to deceive the other team. It was obvious yesterday was one of those press conferences he just kind of wanted to be a jerk.
A lot of it is because he's been asked the same question, ten times in a span of three days by reporters who are in the same room that the question has already been asked. There were questions asked multiple times in the same postgame press conference after the game Saturday.

Coaches get tired of that because, one, it is a waste of time, and two, an insult to their intelligence. All the people in that room are adults, if a reporter on the front row asked a question then does it really need to be asked two more times by two more reporters who literally just heard the question asked? Why not, cross off that question on the list and move to one that hasn't been asked? Isn't that a reasonable thing to do for people who are supposed to be educated, rather than three reporters literally asking the same question, three times in the same press conference?

jenk56

1st Team
Sep 5, 2012
he didn’t call and tell Jimbo that Jalen Milroe can’t throw outside?
I couldn't believe what I was hearing from the sideline reporter when she said this can from Coach BOB....I was like really?? Maybe Coach Saban is trying to get this point to his OC, that was stupid.

Reactions: B1GTide

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I couldn't believe what I was hearing from the sideline reporter when she said this can from Coach BOB....I was like really?? Maybe Coach Saban is trying to get this point to his OC, that was stupid.
So I did hear it right? That was actually said during the broadcast that BOB told them that during the weekly coaches' meetings.

• Thank You
Reactions: CraigD

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.