CNS's Comment About CNO OR NO?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
LOL...seeing a Barner making a big deal about CNS's comment: "There's no such thing as being at the wrong place at the wrong time."

After reading the latest "minute by minute" account, I see why CNO might have said that (even though it was taken as "insensitive").

I didn't see CNS's presser, but was his comments meant to question CNO or NO?

EDIT: I didn't see this discussed anywhere and if so, please merge.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
There's a big discussion on it on the basketball board.

I don't think it was about CNO.
Discussion starts here...
Thanks for the heads up. I was out of the country until late Sat. night and didn't follow too much Bama news (there than the basketball games/results) last week.

It seems this whole mess (CNS's comments) have nothing at all to do with Miller/Oats but instead is about the Tony Mitchell situation.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I hope it was. Oats handled it wrong, his comments and backpedaling were embarrassing in my opinion.
That's the diffrence between a young coach, and an old coach.
Old coaches are more likely to not 'Sugar Coat' things. The media has been all over Coach Saban for his comments.
Coach Saban is not always PC.

I for one believe in 'PLAIN TALK BEING EASY TO UNDERSTAND'.
I heard that phrase from my German/American Grandfather a million times.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Saban forgot it was an Election Day in 2016, so I really doubt he knew Oats said what he said. Saban is ultra focused on 3 things. They are football, his foundation, and the lake. So I really have a hard time believing that he would be really focused on throwing his own AD and the basketball coach under the bus.

• Thank You
Reactions: mrusso and dayhiker

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Saban forgot it was an Election Day in 2016, so I really doubt he knew Oats said what he said. Saban is ultra focused on 3 things. They are football, his foundation, and the lake. So I really have a hard time believing that he would be really focused on throwing his own AD and the basketball coach under the bus.
CNS doesn't strike me as a passive aggressive kinda guy. I don't see him intentionally doing this publicly either.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
CNS strikes me as the type of person who is consumed by the place in life he currently is in, not having much peripheral to anything else. In other words, I highly doubt the man sits up at night watching interviews and press conferences with the head basketball coach and concerning himself with the details of their situation. Not saying he is completely oblivious to the fact anything happened with the BB team. But the guy may not have had any clue CNO used the term "wrong place wrong time" and could possibly have used it because it was an "excuse" used to him for a defense of the situation regarding the football player in question. I'm not getting my feathers ruffled over this one.

Reactions: Tidelines

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
CNS doesn't strike me as a passive aggressive kinda guy. I don't see him intentionally doing this publicly either.
Then again, he could be a tad torqued that Kool-Aid ain't gettin' a chance to play in possibly two different NC games like he signed up for as CB/PG...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
It never was about CNO or CNS. Both coaches have good relationship with each others. Saban typically doesn't throw the other coaches or program under the bus. I think folks took it for what it was and ran with it without seeking clarification.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I hope it was. Oats handled it wrong, his comments and backpedaling were embarrassing in my opinion.
(Using this post as a jumping-off point, not directing this at @Red Barchetta ...)

Meh, he's a basketball coach, not a politician.

I couldn't care less if Oats gave the 'politically correct / socially acceptable' answer or not - he answered the question honestly. No harm, no foul - only those who are looking for a reason for their feelings to be hurt are bothered by it.

The hand wringing over all this is astonishing. People are so freaking soft.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
(Using this post as a jumping-off point, not directing this at @Red Barchetta ...)

Meh, he's a basketball coach, not a politician.

I couldn't care less if Oats gave the 'politically correct / socially acceptable' answer or not - he answered the question honestly. No harm, no foul - only those who are looking for a reason for their feelings to be hurt are bothered by it.

The hand wringing over all this is astonishing. People are so freaking soft.
This comes to mind:

“Choose not to be harmed—and you won't feel harmed. Don't feel harmed—and you haven't been,”
Marcus Aurelius

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.