Coach Hairsin refuses to disclose vaccine status

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I understand and nothing personal. Just seems like such an odd thread to see pop up when there's so much football related topics here plus all the vaccine stuff in OT. And so much vaccine stuff in the MSM I'm over it and just want to get away sometimes.

No hard feelings, my friend! ;)
I wasn’t offended, just a little surprised that was your reaction. My reason for starting the thread was not to get into a debate on vaccine mandates, but to revel in the hilariousness that the barn might have a new coach on December 9.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I wasn’t offended, just a little surprised that was your reaction. My reason for starting the thread was not to get into a debate on vaccine mandates, but to revel in the hilariousness that the barn might have a new coach on December 9.
They just will appeal it until after the season... :cool:

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa

There is a December 8 deadline for all AU employees to be vaccinated but Hairsin hasn’t said if he has gotten it yet.

If this is the wrong board I apologize but maybe we can keep it non-political.
It's none of ESPN's business what his vaccination status is.

Ratal

3rd Team
Aug 29, 2006
In the vein of using this as an opportunity to leave without a buyout for another job, I could see the culture shock being an issue. It is also pretty well known how quick Auburn, and lets be honest, many other sport team fans, are very finicky with coaches based on perceived lack of success. It wouldn't be surprising if his agent is receiving calls from other schools that are interested and more in line with his comfort zone.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
In the vein of using this as an opportunity to leave without a buyout for another job, I could see the culture shock being an issue. It is also pretty well known how quick Auburn, and lets be honest, many other sport team fans, are very finicky with coaches based on perceived lack of success. It wouldn't be surprising if his agent is receiving calls from other schools that are interested and more in line with his comfort zone.
Insanity was firing Gus Malzahn and replacing him with “guy who almost nobody heard of who coached at small school in northwest where all but one previous coach couldn’t transition to the big time.” I see the wisdom in not choosing Steele but come on. Alabama doing their hiring wouldn’t have been much worse.

I didn’t and do not see Harsin as an upgrade although Gus should have been thrown overboard in 2017.

Also, if he’s rejecting the vaccine, he’s got a whole lot more in common with vocal elements of the state of Alabama culture than we might have thought.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
When was the last outbreak among football players/coaches? I remember several games delayed or cancelled late last year but haven't heard of any this year.
They are happening every single day, but no games will be missed by teams because that means forfeit.

NFL and college players have missed games every single week this season.

Reactions: twofbyc and Con

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Insanity was firing Gus Malzahn and replacing him with “guy who almost nobody heard of who coached at small school in northwest where all but one previous coach couldn’t transition to the big time.”
I get the sentiment, but every college football fan with a pulse had heard of Harsin prior to the hire.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.