Coach Saban goes off on programs buying players (A&M, Jackson State, and Miami mentioned)

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Oh, their fans are already crowing about Saban is just mad they can “recruit” better than Bama……. Take the oil money away and lets see how he does
He can't maintain a winning program no matter how many recruiting championships he wins. Yeah he'll win some as was evident last year when he finally beat Saban but what did he do after? He doesn't have the Champion mentality or ability. He's a fast talking snake oil salesman that'll be run out of town and exiled to his ranches before all is said and done.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
I also wonder how much of Jimbo’s anger is out of jealously? Knowing that he’ll never be what Bobby Bowden was at Florida State and that he will never come close accomplishing what Saban has in the SEC?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Oh, their fans are already crowing about Saban is just mad they can “recruit” better than Bama……. Take the oil money away and lets see how he does
I would expect nothing less. Let us look at their entire history. Much of which they were spending just as much as they spent this past off season.

I don't fear Aggie. Even with unchecked booster payouts. They WILL screw it up. They ALWAYS screw it up.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I also wonder how much of Jimbo’s anger is out of jealously? Knowing that he’ll never be what Bobby Bowden was at Florida State and that he will never come close accomplishing what Saban has in the SEC?
Jealousy may be part of it. My guess is that there is some personal issue between the two that Jimbo has been stewing on for years and this just happened to be what set him off.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I just now heard of this and was shocked at Coach Saban. After I looked into it and heard what Coach Saban was saying, it is not a crazy rant or attack from Coach Saban. I think I get what he was saying and meant to say and it makes sense to me now. I thought Coach was maybe going coo-coo but I should know better...

rtr90

1st Team
Dec 7, 2018
A&M AD, same AD that was at Ole Miss during the infamous Freeze era and denied any wrongdoing at that time, is now saying the SEC has to discipline Coach Saban. Oh yes and this same AD also leaked the UT/OU to SEC in an effort to sabotage it.

A&M has become the absolute laughingstock and clown show of the SEC. Never should have invited them. And here all this time I was thinking Mizzou was the dud of an addition back then. And the thing is.. Coach Saban did not break any SEC bylaws in his comments. Never alleged cheating, in actuality.

Me thinks Bjork and Fisher doth protest too much.
Bjork is sleazy .. u r spot on w Ole Miss baggage

Reactions: TideEngineer08

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I just now heard of this and was shocked at Coach Saban. After I looked into it and heard what Coach Saban was saying, it is not a crazy rant or attack from Coach Saban. I think I get what he was saying and meant to say and it makes sense to me now. I thought Coach was maybe going coo-coo but I should know better...
He wasn't really being critical of the coaches at all, but the ncaa's lack of control of the situation. But since they are guilty as homemade sin, with massive inferiority complexes to boot, they squealed.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
This is one game Saban can't win in the longer term because Alabama and all the rich folks in Alabama can't beat oil money.
1) like those sleaze balls haven’t been paying players all this time

2) uh, this is the very same argument Texas fans used to say Saban was coming to Austin.

Sure they COULD pay Saban $200 million per year to coach but they aren’t going to do that. And there’s no dollar figure they WILL pay Saban that we can’t match.

Having said that it may not be a precise parallel but the idea this money will magically transform their recruits into superstars is also unproven.

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
Link to Jimbo's press conference

Listen at 10:05 mark. Jimbo starts to say, wrt the money involved, that "it was all independent" but stops at "it was all indepe..." Basically, admitting what CNS said and catching himself not quite in time. As the old trial lawyer saying goes:

If you have the facts on your side, argue the facts.
If you have the law on your side, argue the law.
If you have neither the facts nor the law on your side, tarnish your opponent.

QED, Jimbo...

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Jimbo suggests sportswriters check with former Saban assistant coaches if they want to dig up dirt on Saban. I don’t think they will find a single one who will join Jimbo in trashing Saban’s integrity.

Jimbo said since he worked around them both, Bobby Bowden was a model of what a coach should do, while Saban was an example of what not to do.

I think he might have gone a little overboard. He’s written a pretty big check, let’s see if he can cover it.

Last edited:

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Like I’ve said before, CNS made kirby, jimbo, mushchamp, etc. It wasn’t the other way around. They need to be thankful and show him the respect he DESERVES for launching their careers.

Reactions: Con

denver

All-American
Nov 11, 2017
Jimbo suggests sportswriters check with former Saban assistant coaches if they want to dig up dirt on Saban. I don’t think they will find a single one who will join Jimbo in trashing Saban’s integrity.

Jimbo said since he worked around them both, Bobby Bowden was a model of what a coach should do, while Saban was an example of what not to do.

I think he might have gone a little overboard. He’s written a pretty big check, let’s see if he can cover it.
“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.