Coach Saban goes off on programs buying players (A&M, Jackson State, and Miami mentioned)

MILEHIGHTIDE

1st Team
Apr 9, 2011
Transparency may come and come soon then watch the narrative will change to those people are independent of our program and not our coaches who reached out to the recruit and neither they nor their coaches knew anything about it.

Coach Saban was very specific about how the collectives work and if a coach is telling someone this is a target they want and in return the booster or collective rep reaches out to the recruit is a technicality and semantics facilitating the circumventing and taking advantage of a nil loophole. Saban warned if there are no consequences or respect of current rules then he may have to change how he handles recruiting. Surely the boosters and money men heard this loud and clear and are preparing.

Read between the lines Saban is only apologizing for naming names not retracting the validity of his comments. Also, listen to jimbo he does not deny what Saban said but that they handled recruiting according to the rules and out worked everyone else and deflected insinuating that Saban was attacking 17 year old kids and suggest to inspect Saban’s practices etc..

Like I said dressing a dog in a cat suit does not make him a cat. Semantics sometimes can get you in a lot of trouble. RTR

Reactions: NoNC4Tubs

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
I think the go-to response of Jimbo and Deion hinting that Saban is dirty is very telling.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Jimbo has to be the most insecure coach in America. This is not the first time he has responded to another coach(es) question the collective, and the first time was just as stupid. When Kiffin can get you bent out of shape by tweeting about Texas income taxes then you would go off about anything. I mean what CNS said maybe should have been left unsaid but did it really need an unscheduled press conference to show your ass?

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Case in point is DJ Uiagalelei, he was one of the first CFB players to get a big NIL deal and he ended up being one of the worst QBs in the P5 last season.

OTOH, Bryce Young ended up winning the Heisman.

Like you said, there are no guarantees, this A&M class could very never have a 10 win season.
Well if past is precedent....

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Reactions: AlexanderFan

MILEHIGHTIDE

1st Team
Apr 9, 2011
Well if past is precedent....

The majority 5 of the top 8 recruits that they got are at the d line position. What affect, if any, this will have regarding playing time or game outcomes is yet to be determined but handling all of those egos may prove challenging at a minimum. Also, it’s 11 on 11 and I like our 11 even with their new recruits. Saban and the players already had the revenge factor going into this year but this added drama definitely has put extra focus on the game this year and I hope we blow them out and really put it to them. RTR

Reactions: Al A Bama

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Looks like Coach Saban gave the talking heads on TV and radio something to talk about.

Looking forward to the SEC MEDIA days.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Jimbo has to be the most insecure coach in America. This is not the first time he has responded to another coach(es) question the collective, and the first time was just as stupid. When Kiffin can get you bent out of shape by tweeting about Texas income taxes then you would go off about anything. I mean what CNS said maybe should have been left unsaid but did it really need an unscheduled press conference to show your ass?
jimbo apparently got his feelings hurt so bad he wouldn’t take Saban’s call. Guy is in his 50’s acting like a 15 year old girl.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Jimbo suggests sportswriters check with former Saban assistant coaches if they want to dig up dirt on Saban. I don’t think they will find a single one who will join Jimbo in trashing Saban’s integrity.

Jimbo said since he worked around them both, Bobby Bowden was a model of what a coach should do, while Saban was an example of what not to do.

I think he might have gone a little overboard. He’s written a pretty big check, let’s see if he can cover it.
Bobby Bowden's players practically invented "I buy now, nobody pays later" at both Foot Locker and Dillards.

I think Jimbo is still mad about the 2017 opener myself. He had a team being touted as a national title contender, and we ruined them.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I also noticed the Talking Heads on ESPN's First Take that took Coach Saban's comments and made them out to be an attack on HBCUs. I thought that was a really trashy Take.
ESPN doesn't know anything but "let's stir up the pot by suggesting a non-racist take is, in fact, racist."

They do this even without Rob Parker and Jemele Hill there any longer.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Bobby Bowden's players practically invented "I buy now, nobody pays later" at both Foot Locker and Dillards.

I think Jimbo is still mad about the 2017 opener myself. He had a team being touted as a national title contender, and we ruined them.
Well if he thought that was bad. He is gonna hate what happens when bama skull drags his team in October.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.