Coach Saban goes off on programs buying players (A&M, Jackson State, and Miami mentioned)

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Bobby Bowden's players practically invented "I buy now, nobody pays later" at both Foot Locker and Dillards.

I think Jimbo is still mad about the 2017 opener myself. He had a team being touted as a national title contender, and we ruined them.
Yeah, that was a head scratcher………. Jimbo must have conveniently forgotten all of that

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Jimbo seems to think trashtalking Saban puts him on more equal footing with the goat. But now he can look forward to having really embarrassed himself when he has to face Saban again, either at Media days or next October, and Saban and Jimbo both know he’s acted childish. He’s had a tantrum and can’t let go. If Saban can keep from laughing at him to his face I will be amazed.

All the speculation about when Saban will retire…my guess is Saban wants to beat Jimbo’s top rated class on the field in 2025 when they have had a few years to settle in at A&M. Of course Saban wants to beat Jimbo this fall, and the next, but the third year should be especially motivating.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
ESPN doesn't know anything but "let's stir up the pot by suggesting a non-racist take is, in fact, racist."

They do this even without Rob Parker and Jemele Hill there any longer.
This is why I wish Saban had not said anything, even if he is right. In the current culture climate you are either with us or racist. If you speak out, even in the slightest, against players being able to be paid, your are vilified.

Also, and this has been said a number of times in this thread and been vilified by most but... There are a bunch of naive Bama fans that are kidding themselves if they think Bama can compete with the big money schools if this turns into an arms race to pay players. I don't think this was a normal "Saban warning CFB that he will abuse this as well" but more of a NCAA must stop this because he knows Bama can't keep up money wise.

I've seen comments like "not all those billionaires and millionaires in Texas want to donate to players". Well, the same can be said about the millionaires in AL and we start out with fewer in the state. "Oh, but what about all the graduates who no longer live here" some say. You think all graduates in Texas stay in Texas? That doesn't change the discrepancy, we still have less. Then some bring up Tim Cook but he has shown no interest in becoming an Auburn booster. There have been some TF voices saying all long that a NIL money race will not benefit the schools in AL. We just don't have the same kind of money pool in this state.

• Thank You
Reactions: CrimSonami

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
What we are going to learn next is that money alone doesn't win championships, If that were the case Dan Snyder would have a Lombardy trophy in his office. Getting these kids to play hard who came there because they are paid is going to be a hat trick for sure. Sure some of our guys are getting paid, but they didn't come to Bama for that reason, they were going to get paid no matter where they went, they came here to play for the Goat

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
This should make an interesting aflac commercial with Deion.

There's probably A LOOOOOOOT of truth to this.

“Coach Saban wasn’t talking to me. Coach Saban wasn’t talking to Jimbo Fisher," Sanders said. "He was talking to his boosters. He was talking to his alumni. He was talking to his givers. He was trying to get money. That was what he was doing. He was just using us to get to where he was trying to get to.”

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Plausible deniability.
That is the irony here. CNS alleges A$M paid for the players (never said Jimbo) with the NIL loophole (didn't say they broke the law), but then Jimbo responds like a little girl with hurt feelings while admitting he really doesn't know what happened except they didn't break the law.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
What CNS really sees in NIL is boosters running out of control. He used the analogy that if a booster pays a recruit, but he doesn't start/play the booster is going to feel jipped.

There are a lot of factors with NIL, but what bothers CNS the most here is to use NIL like A$M, he'd lose control of his program. Remember, the process is about one voice; CNS's.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
ESPN doesn't know anything but "let's stir up the pot by suggesting a non-racist take is, in fact, racist."

They do this even without Rob Parker and Jemele Hill there any longer.
It’s because he went after an HBCU, if Deion was at TCU, nobody would’ve batted an eye but HBCU sports are treated with kid gloves at ESPN.

Reactions: dWarriors88

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
This whole situation has only solidify my belief in Kiffin being Saban's replacement. #ForeverKiffin
My son plays baseball with a kid whose father is, let's just say, "an active booster and alumni" of Ole Miss and he's told me on more than one occasion that MANY of the boosters FULLY expect Kiffin to be gone to Bama the moment Saban is gone.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.