Coach Saban goes off on programs buying players (A&M, Jackson State, and Miami mentioned)

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
This whole situation has only solidify my belief in Kiffin being Saban's replacement. #ForeverKiffin
Well, one thing is for sure. Anybody that had warm feelings for Jimbo as a possible CNS replacement (not that there were many) now sees he's just a little girl who is emotionally insecure.

I've always seen Jimbo for what he was yesterday at his protest conference. How he ascended so high in the coaching ranks is beyond my understanding.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
My son plays baseball with a kid whose father is, let's just say, "an active booster and alumni" of Ole Miss and he's told me on more than one occasion that MANY of the boosters FULLY expect Kiffin to be gone to Bama the moment Saban is gone.
Seems Kiffin is aware of the possibility. He seems to post something positive about the GOAT about once a week.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
I have listened to Saban's comments and jimbo's and I have one question. Where did Saban "go after" players and their families? jimbo said he did in his confession, oops I mean press conference.
Of course you didn't hear it because it never happened. Jimbo pulled the old okey dokey here just like nba and nfl players do when they bring their kids to a press conference that they know is gonna be tough. They use them as a shield, just as jimbo did, now that's despicable.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I think what he's essentially pointing out is that

1) NIL was intended to simply allow star athletes to make money off their name and was specifically not supposed to be "pay for play" but schools (and really, boosters/collectives) have realized the NCAA is now toothless and are going to do whatever they want

and

2) He doesn't like it but if this is the way it's trending we'll win this way too -- if our boosters are ready to open up their checkbooks.

That said, I am surprised he mentioned/targeted schools by name. Accusing a division rival of "buying their entire team" is a pretty bold statement, and going after Jackson State and Miami seems odd.
Well, nobody would be talking about it right now if he hadn't... :sneaky:

Coach Saban knows exactly what he is doing.:cool:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Yup.

I genuinely think Saban made a mistake here though. It'll be interesting to see how this ends
Not really!

If any other coach had come out with that, it wouldn't attract near the attention as it does now.

Now that he has brought it out front and center and created discussion, it is much easier for other coaches to simply agree and say he is right. BTW, his timing is absolutely perfect. This is the slowest time of the year (news-wise) and is getting far more play than it would at any other time of the year.

At any rate, it's now out there about how the coaches view it as a problem that needs to be addressed (sooner rather than later)...:cool:

Reactions: CrimsonRuss

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Not really!

If any other coach had come out with that, it wouldn't attract near the attention as it does now.

Now that he has brought it out front and center and created discussion, it is much easier for other coaches to simply agree and say he is right. BTW, his timing is absolutely perfect. This is the slowest time of the year (news-wise) and is getting far more play than it would at any other time of the year.

At any rate, it's now out there about how the coaches view it as a problem that needs to be addressed (sooner rather than later)...:cool:
Well yes and no. Both he and Kiffin called him out for it last month and Jimbo had that “bro Bible and sliced bread” press conference. The only real reason(s) anyone is talking about this outside of Alabama and Texas is because Jimbo went personal and Saban accused JSU of paying players. This conversation isn’t going to be decided by coaches it’s going to be decided by what comes after the NCAA.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.