Coach Saban goes off on programs buying players (A&M, Jackson State, and Miami mentioned)

MILEHIGHTIDE

1st Team
Apr 9, 2011
Saban did not retract what he said he simply apologized for naming names. Jimbo denied nothing about the collective and payments only that they recruited legally and out worked everyone. Then he deflected big time and tried to push the focus on Saban and his process. Semantics plain and simply then deflection.

If there ever is any realTRANSPARENCY regarding nil then we will know for sure.

Reactions: AlexanderFan

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Jemele Hill and good logic, what an oxymoron. Lol
I bet her assistant tweeted that.

In response to Bacon:the situation at Miami was not ideal, but he wasn’t there long enough to make a definitive judgement of his ability as an NFL head coach. Finally, if you’re not better at something you’ve been doing for thirty years than you were when you started, you’ve failed.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I bet her assistant tweeted that.

In response to Bacon:the situation at Miami was not ideal, but he wasn’t there long enough to make a definitive judgement of his ability as an NFL head coach. Finally, if you’re not better at something you’ve been doing for thirty years than you were when you started, you’ve failed.
More to the point, coaching in the NFL couldn’t be more different than coaching in college.

Reactions: AlexanderFan

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Jimbo has to be the most insecure coach in America. This is not the first time he has responded to another coach(es) question the collective, and the first time was just as stupid. When Kiffin can get you bent out of shape by tweeting about Texas income taxes then you would go off about anything. I mean what CNS said maybe should have been left unsaid but did it really need an unscheduled press conference to show your ass?
Yes, yes it did... :cool:

The opportunity and timing were there.

MILEHIGHTIDE

1st Team
Apr 9, 2011
I hear you and agree. Similar is the stat of 5* players for tam the four years before with jimbo versus this past year with nil. Real transparency and reporting, however, takes away most if not all of the doubt and plausible deniability then the semantics start looking more like lies.

It is kind of like when your mom says not to touch the cookies she is making and you talk your brother into grabbing some from the cookie jar and feeding them to you. Hopefully jimbo and tam get fully exposed. RTR

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
Lets be clear it was never coaches paying players, it was boosters paying the players, sometimes through the coaches, sometimes through other 3rd parties. Now with the trainwreck the NCAA left us they essentially allow boosters to come out of hiding, pool their money into these mega cash funds in order to spread out the cost and essentially buy players. They can wink wink nod all they want, it's what's going on, everybody knows it, and lets be clear. I do NOT blame the kids or their parents. If someone wants to hand my kid 200k I'm all in on that as long as they don't have to sell their soul or their integrity, and these kids have done neither, because it's NOT illegal and they can leave for another program any time they want. There in lies the problem. It's totally legal for boosters to buy players, BUT they all want to pretend that's not what they are doing because it just "sounds bad". It's not wrong until the NCAA says it is. but they should at least be man enough to say yea. I bought players, what of it? punk... what you going to do about it..

Now this is just the opening salvo of issues. What happens when boosters hand an 18 year old a couple a hundred grand and after one season on the bench he goes to a rival? The money is still due because that's the one thing that's NOT legal, to make the money stipulated on them signing with a specific program. People with money like that, they don't like getting stiffed, and they have different rules than us. I'm thinking someone's going to end up with concrete shoes, be a episode of 30 for 30.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Everybody that has info on other coaches / programs / players / boosters / collectives cheating needs to send that info to the powers that be (NCAA is impotent at this point) and let's get it all out on the table. To do otherwise (which is what JimmyBoy and Blinking Neion Deion Sign have been doing by INSINUATING Saban is dirty) is unethical. Saban never accused ANYONE of breaking any rule or law. He just stated what is actually happening (collectives incentivizing guys by offering big bucks from an NIL $$$ pool - totally what NIL was NOT meant to do). Unfortunately, he pointed directly at tamu and an hbcu in doing so and JimmyBoy was caught without his Linus towel and went on a rampage. Deion probably has more to complain about but would love to see his evidence of bagmen. Again, let's get it all out there and see what's legit.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Wondering how many "Bama can't play that game" folks will counter Saban...
crimson, you might be right on this, i just hope you're not. On several occasions nick has warned CFB, i don't like this, but if you want to play this game, well then, game on. With the current situation, and with enough booster money saban could go any school and win a natty in 3 years, which he would never do, but he could.

Reactions: dWarriors88

rtr90

1st Team
Dec 7, 2018
old CNS is back i love it ... i thought the week before championship game he seemed down and i almost thought he was going to retire

Reactions: dWarriors88

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
crimson, you might be right on this, i just hope you're not. On several occasions nick has warned CFB, i don't like this, but if you want to play this game, well then, game on. With the current situation, and with enough booster money saban could go any school and win a natty in 3 years, which he would never do, but he could.
No, Saban isn't going anywhere.

My comment was pointed at those that continue to compare net worths of the schools' boosters.

Past a certain point (few million) it's not whether or not they can, it's whether or not they will.

Saban's not scared.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Everybody that has info on other coaches / programs / players / boosters / collectives cheating needs to send that info to the powers that be (NCAA is impotent at this point) and let's get it all out on the table. To do otherwise (which is what JimmyBoy and Blinking Neion Deion Sign have been doing by INSINUATING Saban is dirty) is unethical. Saban never accused ANYONE of breaking any rule or law. He just stated what is actually happening (collectives incentivizing guys by offering big bucks from an NIL $$$ pool - totally what NIL was NOT meant to do). Unfortunately, he pointed directly at tamu and an hbcu in doing so and JimmyBoy was caught without his Linus towel and went on a rampage. Deion probably has more to complain about but would love to see his evidence of bagmen. Again, let's get it all out there and see what's legit.
Saban has probably been examined, poked and prodded more than any other coach out there to try and find some evidence of wrongdoing……… and what have they found? NOTHING…….

release the Kraken!

Reactions: Con

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.