Coach Saban goes off on programs buying players (A&M, Jackson State, and Miami mentioned)

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
This is why I see Coach building a collective where every player gets the same amount. And it’s going to be staggering. Then each kid that can earn additional outside of the collective will. But I have a feeling what he’s able to generate internally will be more than enough to compensate anyone. So they can focus on football

So now you get paid as a player, and you get access to the goat. He’ll come out on top

Which I think in turn, will result in banning collectives wink wink
Exactly.

And I'll reiterate - Bama has the money to play this game, as there are real-world limits as to how much money boosters will throw at football, regardless of how much collective wealth they have.

This was just another in a series of warnings - and if CFB doesn't pay attention, they will be whining again in a few years when Bama pulls the #1 class every year.

Bimbo is honestly too stupid to recognize this. He's not Ed-waterhead-Orgeron stupid, but he's not intelligent enough to see the writing on the wall here.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Exactly.

And I'll reiterate - Bama has the money to play this game, as there are real-world limits as to how much money boosters will throw at football, regardless of how much collective wealth they have.

This was just another in a series of warnings - and if CFB doesn't pay attention, they will be whining again in a few years when Bama pulls the #1 class every year.

Bimbo is honestly too stupid to recognize this. He's not Ed-waterhead-Orgeron stupid, but he's not intelligent enough to see the writing on the wall here.
I agree with that. The problem is that we're right on the edge of that amount being set only by the market. That's what Saban is asking - is it really what we want college football to be? If so, then the NCAA (or some successor) needs to be working on a salary cap rule...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Further thought - the present system is rife with opportunity for unscrupulous kids to use falsehood to raise their deal - "But LSU offered..." At least, in the pros, it's more or less in the open. What someone is paid is out in the open. I'm sure Logan Young is rolling over in his grave, having been convicted of conspiracy to do something which apparently is no longer against the law...

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Further thought - the present system is rife with opportunity for unscrupulous kids to use falsehood to raise their deal - "But LSU offered..." At least, in the pros, it's more or less in the open. What someone is paid is out in the open. I'm sure Logan Young is rolling over in his grave, having been convicted of conspiracy to do something which apparently is no longer against the law...
And encouraged.

Lots of Catholics in Hell for eating meat on a Friday. :). Rules change.

Reactions: TIDE-HSV

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Interesting in that article is the fact that he said that in an interview with Yahoo Finance on the 18th that was published on Friday. A conspiracy theorist might suspect some sort of collusion 😏

MILEHIGHTIDE

1st Team
Apr 9, 2011
word is there were some kids who were saying to Saban and the coaches this team offered me this amount what can you offer? Not 100% confirmed could be false but one thing for sure is currently there is no real transparency regarding nil and payments.

Once there is or let’s say if there is some real transparency I cannot wait to hear jimbub’s narrative then. Semantics, he and his staff did not cheat, they did not pay players, they simply outworked other teams, etc etc etc. but the boosters, collective, did pay or set up nil opportunities deals for the players that he and his staff directed them to contact as their preferred players of need.

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
Remember when Jimbo said "oh we're going to beat his azz while he's there, trust me"? Then proceeded to do it that year? Lets not forget the man can coach if he's got a QB, he'll have a better QB this season than last, and he will have a dozen or so freshmen who are likely contributors this season. I'm sure that prediction coming true extinguished what little humility he had and kicked his mindless jabber-box into hyper delirious mode, but he has upped the stakes of the game this fall. This is no time to underestimate him or his players. They'll want it as much as Bama's will.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Remember when Jimbo said "oh we're going to beat his azz while he's there, trust me"? Then proceeded to do it that year? Lets not forget the man can coach if he's got a QB, he'll have a better QB this season than last, and he will have a dozen or so freshmen who are likely contributors this season. I'm sure that prediction coming true extinguished what little humility he had and kicked his mindless jabber-box into hyper delirious mode, but he has upped the stakes of the game this fall. This is no time to underestimate him or his players. They'll want it as much as Bama's will.
We are a 16.5 point favorite for a reason. Gonna throttle that peon.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
You think kicking a field goal as time expires qualifies? Lol….no

BadgerTidefan

1st Team
Dec 2, 2006
Jennings, FL
I think Coach Saban knew exactly what he wanted to say and didn't think of it as a mistake to name Texas AM. If he hadn't named someone specific it wouldn't have created a stir anything like it did. Probably wouldn't make news past a random article or 2. Maybe this is exactly what he wanted. Bring it right to the forefront. I can't really think of situations when he wasn't in total control of his words. Even his rants seem planned and directed. I think this puts pressure on Jimbo.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.