Coach Smart to finish the job

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
This was obviously what was going to happen.

No one leaves a team on a Championship run, but I expect he will be splitting his time up until the bowl game practices start.

Last edited:

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
I think the most important impact of this will be the one it has on the players.
It also gives KS another possible championship run. Good for him and good for us.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
I already thought a lot of Coach Smart. If he stays through playoff run my opinion of him will go through the roof. That quality of character and a willingness to finish what you start says a lot. It also shows a lot of loyalty to the players as well. That is a great teaching moment to those young men about keeping commitments. I will be UGA fan as long as he is there except when they play the Tide and he will always be welcomed back in T-town.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
I really think the taking recruits to Georgia is wishful thinking. How many recruits committed to Alabama because of Kirby Smart vs playing for Alabama and/or playing for Nick Saban? He may get some 2 and 3 stringers. That's really it.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
With all the good aside, this has to be difficult for coach Saban to contain all this clutter at such a crucial time, SECCG. He looked mentally drained at his first presser, and then diverted to a coke bottle on the second one. He likes order and we have chaos. I think after the SECCG outside distraction will be much less during the playoffs.

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012
With all the good aside, this has to be difficult for coach Saban to contain all this clutter at such a crucial time, SECCG. He looked mentally drained at his first presser, and then diverted to a coke bottle on the second one. He likes order and we have chaos. I think after the SECCG outside distraction will be much less during the playoffs.
Quality advertising for Coca Cola though wasn't it? ~ I do hate the timing of this and the distractions, but I trust Saban and co. will be ready and have the team ready.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
The coke convinced him to stay throughout the playoff.. you heard what CNS said.. The COke runs the school. Coke and Saban goes way back... :D

Glad to hear Smart staying throughout the playoff. Its the right thing to do.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
I'm extremely surprised, frankly. It's admirable to finish what you started but you'd think that's going to kill UGA in recruiting.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Quality advertising for Coca Cola though wasn't it? ~ I do hate the timing of this and the distractions, but I trust Saban and co. will be ready and have the team ready.
It was a classic Saban moment. I agree, there is no one I have more faith in to get the team ready than him. I am just happy he is our coach, period.

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.