Coach Wolford Should Be Proud Of His Boys This Morning

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I don`t recall any false start penalties, a major accomplishment in an SEC away game if that`s accurate. Maybe a couple of holding calls? The only one I recall was a ticky tacky one on Cohen. Even Gary was having trouble seeing it, so you know it was questionable in the extreme. There were some holes that even I, at 74, could have run through for positive yardage I do believe, much less a rocket like J. Gibbs. All in all, a fine performance upon which to build.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
During the Kentucky v Ole Miss game commentators were discussing KY running game issues. They losses so much talent from last year blah blah blah, no mention of losing Coach Wolford.

Reactions: CB4

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
During the Kentucky v Ole Miss game commentators were discussing KY running game issues. They losses so much talent from last year blah blah blah, no mention of losing Coach Wolford.
I noticed that as well. However, one of my best friends is very knowledgeable football guy (played LB at East Carolina), is a Kentucky native and Wildcat fan. He’ll tell you Wofford was a huge loss and did “more with less” than just about any position coach they have had in recent years.
So did they back off the “Wofford narrative” because he went to another SEC school? Seems unlikely but it did seem strange.
I think the biggest difference was Seth McLaughlin. I don’t what it is, but the line just seems to be more “in sync” when he is in at center. Better line calls?

Last edited:

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I noticed that as well. However, one of my best friends is very knowledgeable football guy (played LB at East Carolina), is a Kentucky native and Wildcat fan. He’ll tell you Wofford was a huge loss and did “more with less” than just about any position coach they have had in recent years.
So did they back off the “Wofford narrative” because he went to another SEC school? Seems unlikely but it did seem strange.
I think the biggest difference was Seth McLaughlin. I don’t what it is, but the line just seems to be more “in sync” when it is in at center. Better line calls?
Once Seth gets his snap fixed, I’d leave him in all the time

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Seth opened my eyes last year. IMO things just seem to work better with him at C.
He has something Dalcort doesn’t, something that only the staff or people close to the program know.

What is obvious is that with him in there the line is greater than the sum of its parts to be sure.

Reactions: UAH

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Once Seth gets his snap fixed, I’d leave him in all the time
I heard that it was the “size of the dog in the fight” that was a concern - I don’t think anyone now questions “the size of the fight in the dog” has become the stronger argument. Dude is tough as nails and the evidence that the running game is stronger when he’s in the game is on tape.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I heard that it was the “size of the dog in the fight” that was a concern - I don’t think anyone now questions “the size of the fight in the dog” has become the stronger argument. Dude is tough as nails and the evidence that the running game is stronger when he’s in the game is on tape.
Like you, I don't know what the technicals are, but the OL is better with him in there. I thought so last year after he replaced Dalcourt in the barn game. Yeah, he had trouble with Georgia in the National Championship, but when that nose guard had his head in the game, everybody did.

I'm hoping McLaughlin has won the job.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
The replay of the blocking scheme on Gibb's first long TD was impressive. It even impressed Gary. I came away with the impression that offensive line play has improved dramatically from last year.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
The replay of the blocking scheme on Gibb's first long TD was impressive. It even impressed Gary. I came away with the impression that offensive line play has improved dramatically from last year.
That was a thing of beauty...the RG and RT pulled and took out the DE and LB as the LG and LT blocked down to the right...JG hit that hole at full speed and never slowed down. On the other play the hole was not at the right but more to the center and he adjusted and blew through there. I was concerned about our run blocking earlier...but not any more. We can pass block with anyone and run block good enough to get big plays.

Reactions: The Ols and UAH

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.