Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Multiple media sources saying it looks like Coach Todd Grantham to Bama

Reactions: Bazza

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
"Elite defensive mind?" I did not realize we now believed a defensive philosophy of "LEEEEEROY JENKINS" now constitutes as elite.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Bazza

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
The secret sauce beats the not-so-secret "juice" that used to fuel a football "strength and conditioning program." S&C coaching has come a long (long) way - and to think CFB has Auburnt and the National Ster, er, Strength Research Center to "thank" for it
Man, thanks for this. I should remember it but I was not as tuned-in to sports at that time. I seem to have vague memories of Lyle Alzado clowning himself but I had no idea of the depth and breadth of this story.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Man, thanks for this. I should remember it but I was not as tuned-in to sports at that time. I seem to have vague memories of Lyle Alzado clowning himself but I had no idea of the depth and breadth of this story.
The Warhol Factory of 'roid drama and dissolute animalistic behavior - up to (always said sotto voce) greenhouse-grown HGH "palm fur" for playing with your hand in the dirt... all under the Cow College aegis

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I read on another board that another SEC former coach will be hired as an analyst this week too. The person did not want to give a name yet though. I hope it is not Sumlin.

I also read that there is a strong possibility that even though Coach Ballou is staying, Dr Rhea is about to accept a 3 year deal with the New Orlean Saints. I am sure Coach Saban will find a great replacement for him, but he was only here 2 years. Glad at least 1 of them is staying though.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
My opinion has always been he's a good defensive mind and the reason for us not doing better at Florida was much more than often because of the offense. We had so many games where the offense couldn't move the chains so the defense was trotted out once again to "save the day". Well - you can only do that so much and after a while your defense gets winded. Add to that less than optimum recruiting - thus lack of depth on D - and automatically it's Grantham's fault ("We need to fire him!")

I was sorry to see him go, actually.

Congratulations - on another smart move by Coach Saban.....

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Good article!
Grantham was once defined as a defensive innovator. He was also a bold play-caller. His blitz-heavy schemes both delivered and failed, but he always wanted his players to dictate what the opposing offense could not do.

Yep, he’s gonna tinker with the pressure packages maybe.

Reactions: Ole Man Dan

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.