Coaching Carousel 2021

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I wonder if Lane Kiffin would go back there if they asked him. Do his kids still live in CA?
Just hope they don't try to take anyone on our staff at Bama.
Lane was still very angry at the way he was fired by USC as recently as last year. I think he would tell them to get lost if they called.

Reactions: Saban4Ever

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I can't see Urban leaving the NFL before a season is even completed (though I realize others have before). And Fickle would be a really bad fit, IMO.
Well you have to assume they have someone in mind already to make such an abrupt decision. USC unlike Texas actually cares about their football power. I really think UCLA and Oregon separating themselves from the PAC has influenced this decision. Fickle and Franklin are rumored to be their top choices after Urban

I wonder if Lane Kiffin would go back there if they asked him. Do his kids still live in CA?
Just hope they don't try to take anyone on our staff at Bama.
That’s not going to happen. Too much bad blood on both sides

Reactions: Isaiah 63:1

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Orgeron!!! Calling Orgeron!
Now THAT would be hilarious! Hiring the guy that was the interim in 2013, who openly campaigned for the job, and you said “nope” to in order to hire Sark.

“Come home Captain Caveman. We need you!”

{and you get to see those sissy blue uniforms every year}

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
USC AD Bohn hired Fickell at Cincinnati but he does not seem to be a good fit for USC. Aside from his coaching abilities, Helton seemed to be an even worse fit, so maybe it does not matter to them. It will be interesting to see how serious they are about football. They could hinder Bama's penetration into the Southern California recruiting fields.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
What I find hilarious is that not so many years ago Clay Helton was the guy the Barn fans were saying would replace Gus when they fired him.
I can’t tell you the number of times I heard “Clay played QB at Auburn. He’s an Auburn man”.
Helton has been and always will be an average G5 coach that is in over his head at anything above that.

Bama197

Scout Team
Sep 19, 2004
Ok so let's see how Harsin does at the Barn this year. IF (and that's a mighty strong IF,)he has a successful year this year, he mite jet to USC.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: NoNC4Tubs

BigPoppa52

3rd Team
Oct 25, 2020
Urban is about to become toxic as a coach. From reports I've read, he's already alienated his team, and after its performance yesterday, the fans won't be far behind. But more importantly, Urban has a habit of quitting when things get tough. One more will finish his career. I think James Franklin is the top target. His ego would blossom in LA.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I’d be surprised if anybody was hired on a permanent basis until after the regular season.

After that, all’s fair game.

Having said that, I’d put BO’B or Meyer as the front-runners.

The over/under on O’Brien as anything other than a HC was always 1 year. Meyer is a college coach. He couldn’t handle the SEC. He definitely can’t handle the NFL.

Reactions: GrayTide

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Just waiting for mid season when Urban decides he needs to “step away” from his current role in Jacksonville so he can spend more time with Brittany Spears’ family in L.A.

BigPoppa52

3rd Team
Oct 25, 2020
LOL. Yeah, my puter was doing a software update and was about to shut off before I finished. I was gonna add that USC didn't need to hurry; they had all year long to look and evaluate.

That being said, I think their top 2 candidates are Cristobal and Franklin. But Cristobal may see the writing on the wall for Manny Diaz at Miami and wait to see if "mama calls". Luke Fickel is another option given that the Trojans AD came from Cincinnati. For now, though, I'll stick with Franklin.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.