Coaching Carousel 2021

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Four all beef patties, 6 feet under: the McCPR
The hate for Dabo on this board is ridiculous - you may not like him as a person but he knows how to run a highly successful college football program. He has won 2 National Championships - played for 2 more - and been in playoffs 6 times. Only Saban has done better in the past 8 years.
Why in the world is pointing out "Dabo's success at this point is limited to a brief window of time" translated through imaginary imputation of motives into, "You hate Dabo"?

I will never understand this argument, which is why I always make fun of it on the NS board.

Dabo Swinney might - MIGHT - someday win eight national championships. It might happen, I don't know.

But bear this in mind:

Dabo took over a team that started the year at 9 and imploded, getting the job when Tommy Gun bolted more out of "well, we need someone to finish out the season" than anything else. He took over a program on more solid footing and spent the next SEVEN years building it into something. Saban took over a team wracked with probation unsure of itself and won a national title in his third year.

Of course - it's an unfair comparison because age and because it wasn't Saban's first job.

The question NOW is whether he's a one-trick pony or a genius. I'll refrain from saying because the data will win out in the end, but let's drop this idea that "pointing out Dabo is for the first time losing assistants and his depth advantage to the NFL" equals "you hate Dabo," which is ludicrous.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Why in the world is pointing out "Dabo's success at this point is limited to a brief window of time" translated through imaginary imputation of motives into, "You hate Dabo"?

I will never understand this argument, which is why I always make fun of it on the NS board.

Dabo Swinney might - MIGHT - someday win eight national championships. It might happen, I don't know.

But bear this in mind:

Dabo took over a team that started the year at 9 and imploded, getting the job when Tommy Gun bolted more out of "well, we need someone to finish out the season" than anything else. He took over a program on more solid footing and spent the next SEVEN years building it into something. Saban took over a team wracked with probation unsure of itself and won a national title in his third year.

Of course - it's an unfair comparison because age and because it wasn't Saban's first job.

The question NOW is whether he's a one-trick pony or a genius. I'll refrain from saying because the data will win out in the end, but let's drop this idea that "pointing out Dabo is for the first time losing assistants and his depth advantage to the NFL" equals "you hate Dabo," which is ludicrous.
i don't hate dabo. i just think he's a tool

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The hate for Dabo on this board is ridiculous -
Not as much as the outrage from the people that man crush over him on this board. Seriously how many times do we have to say “we don’t like him for A-Z” before y’all stop acting like it’s a shock that most here don’t like him or that we don’t have well thought out reasons to do so. Every time I see “I don’t get the hate for Dabo” or “how can you hate on a Bama grad” all I see is “Leave Brittney alone”. Because we have been posting for years upon years of why we don’t like him. Either people only read certain threads, ignore any criticism of Dabo, or the idea is too complex to comprehend that we could hate an Alabama alum, but this is just dumb that we are constantly having the “I don’t understand the hate” posts after nearly a decade of explaining the hate.

. He has won 2 National Championships - played for 2 more -
So did Dennis Erickson. Whoopty doo.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The hate for Dabo on this board is ridiculous - you may not like him as a person but he knows how to run a highly successful college football program. He has won 2 National Championships - played for 2 more - and been in playoffs 6 times. Only Saban has done better in the past 8 years.
She also was an active participant in Bama getting hammered by the NCAA. So I couldn't care less if she wins every championship from here on, she's proven who she is already. Anyone paying attention knows this.

So no, I don't hate KarenAwwshucks - but I don't want her anywhere near Tuscaloosa.

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
Not as much as the outrage from the people that man crush over him on this board. Seriously how many times do we have to say “we don’t like him for A-Z” before y’all stop acting like it’s a shock that most here don’t like him or that we don’t have well thought out reasons to do so. Every time I see “I don’t get the hate for Dabo” or “how can you hate on a Bama grad” all I see is “Leave Brittney alone”. Because we have been posting for years upon years of why we don’t like him. Either people only read certain threads, ignore any criticism of Dabo, or the idea is too complex to comprehend that we could hate an Alabama alum, but this is just dumb that we are constantly having the “I don’t understand the hate” posts after nearly a decade of explaining the hate.

So did Dennis Erickson. Whoopty doo.
I think it's more that the people who "don't understand the hate for Dabo" just don't really know Dabo that well...

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
She also was an active participant in Bama getting hammered by the NCAA. So I couldn't care less if she wins every championship from here on, she's proven who she is already. Anyone paying attention knows this.

So no, I don't hate KarenAwwshucks - but I don't want her anywhere near Tuscaloosa.
And there’s the FBI tapes of the basketball associate telling a recruit that they can pay him like the football team does and keep it quiet. So it’s not like he doesn’t know it’s going on there either.

I also don’t think Alabama (or any program) is clean, but to be caught on a wiretap says a lot.

BearFoot

1st Team
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
twohandsguitars.com
Yes Ma’am Mrs. Swinney…..we’re sorry. We didn’t mean it.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I apologize if this has been talked about already or has been already posted..

I was cruising through Yahoo's articles & news stories, there was one article, about the Oklahoma & Oklahoma St football game, rumors were running rampant that Lincoln Riley was going too be LSU's new HC..

Over the intercom system they kept playing "Callin Baton Rouge" & by Garth Brooks during timeouts....

I thought that was freaking awesome & hilarious..😂😂😂😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TideEngineer08

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
I apologize if this has been talked about already or has been already posted..

I was cruising through Yahoo's articles & news stories, there was one article, about the Oklahoma & Oklahoma St football game, rumors were running rampant that Lincoln Riley was going too be LSU's new HC..

Over the intercom system they kept playing "Callin Baton Rouge & by Garth Brooks during timeouts....

I thought that was freaking awesome & hilarious..😂😂😂😂
There is video out there and you can hear it pretty clearly

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - Bryce Young NIL Jersey

Your purchase through our TideFans.shop links helps support the site! Thanks!