Coaching Carousel 2021

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
So, here's a twist plot. McDaniel steals BOB as OC.

It's not like BOB is struggling to find open spots in NFL.
I think BOB's interview with Jags didnt' go well because of the common issue: Trent Baalke. He is very disliked in NFL circle. Nobody wants to work with him period. I suspect BOB didn't want the job because of GM.

I think BOB is being selective but at same time keeping open mind. He's looking at who's the GM, the culture and etc. I wouldn't be shocked if he get New Orlean Saint interview, Raider interview as OC, and Patriot as OC. If options aren't good, he can come back and there will be a better options next year.
I was thinking along similar lines as well. Could be a chance BoB lands in Vegas depending on his relationship/history with McDaniels.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
My hope is that if BOB is going to leave, the sooner the better. If they get a new OC, want him in here soon to start learning the offense and build relationships with the guys on the team.
Here's one thing people tend to forget:

Alabama hired Bob O'Brien on Jan 2021.
Alabama hired Steve Sarkisian Feb, 2019
Alabama hired Brian Daboll Feb 2017
Alabama promoted Mike Locksley Feb 2018

What was the point I'm trying to make? I'm not sure yet, but I think Saban has showed that he won't be rushed to hire a new OC should BOB leaves. The new OC should Bob leave, has spring, summer and fall to gel and learn each other. It never was an issue in the past and it won't be an issue in the future.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Here's one thing people tend to forget:

Alabama hired Bob O'Brien on Jan 2021.
Alabama hired Steve Sarkisian Feb, 2019
Alabama hired Brian Daboll Feb 2017
Alabama promoted Mike Locksley Feb 2018

What was the point I'm trying to make? I'm not sure yet, but I think Saban has showed that he won't be rushed to hire a new OC should BOB leaves. The new OC should Bob leave, has spring, summer and fall to gel and learn each other. It never was an issue in the past and it won't be an issue in the future.
There are more fine OC's who know more football than any of us...and the best are dying to come to UA and coach CNS' recruits. Getting a top coach will not be a problem...they know that success here will mean a HC job in a couple of years.

Reactions: Rkharley98 and Con

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
here's something I just thought about today. We've heard rumor that Daboll loves the idea of working with Tua again, and since Miami took so long to hire him, he took Giant job. Now Miami has been talking about Tua trade all season long.. and Daniel of NY giants was struggling this season as well. What's the odd that Tua goes to Giants and Daniel to Miami.. both get a fresh start?

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
here's something I just thought about today. We've heard rumor that Daboll loves the idea of working with Tua again, and since Miami took so long to hire him, he took Giant job. Now Miami has been talking about Tua trade all season long.. and Daniel of NY giants was struggling this season as well. What's the odd that Tua goes to Giants and Daniel to Miami.. both get a fresh start?
Didn't the Giants come out and say they support Daniel Jones and believe he'll improve. I feel like they hired Daboll to try and fix him. But i suppose its possible because these dudes lie all the time publicly

This is what i was thinking of

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.