Coaching Carousel 2021

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I saw an article last night that said, Fisher, Joe Brady, and Gus would be in the running.
Why would they even consider that, we know what Gus can, or cannot, do in the SEC W. As a Bama fan, I say go for it!

I don't always understand the coaching world and how mediocre coaches continue to get passed around. It happens so much even in the NFL. Why do teams think, this time, or for us, it will be different?

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Well, the LSU fan should have not bothered Coach O during private time with his sons.
Yes, if this was a civilized world, I would agree but, it is not. Humans do not respect each other and fans are always going to do stupid fan things. A head coach at a major university has to know when to just give a thumbs up and yell go tigers. A fan being a fan doesn't give he coach a right to go start something. Combine that with the "sissy blue shirt" comment and maybe Coach O needs to learn to focus on his crappy team instead of the fans.

Reactions: twofbyc

bamaee04

All-SEC
Nov 15, 2004
Birmingham, AL
Somebody, somewhere will take the gamble on Freeze after this season. It will be interesting to see who it is, but Jimbo will likely be on almost as hot of a seat as Orgeron if he doesn't win and win big this year at A&M. Kiffin may make the jump from Ole Miss to a more high profile job as well, but I think he has it made right now and he might have matured just enough to realize it until later.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Somebody, somewhere will take the gamble on Freeze after this season. It will be interesting to see who it is, but Jimbo will likely be on almost as hot of a seat as Orgeron if he doesn't win and win big this year at A&M. Kiffin may make the jump from Ole Miss to a more high profile job as well, but I think he has it made right now and he might have matured just enough to realize it until later.
Someone will take Freeze but I don’t see a program like LSU doing it. Most likely a lower P5 or G5.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think looking at LSU Schedule
Next three games: McNeese, Central Michigan and Miss state should help with LSU confidence in winning games.

For Ed to keep his job, he needs to win games against Auburn, Kentucky, Florida, Ole Miss and Alabama.
But looking at it... If he drops 3 straight games, Florida, ole miss, and alabama... I suspect he will be fired after Alabama game.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Kiffin probably won't take Ole miss job. he's not that stupid knowing expectations is high.
Jimbo... from TAMU to LSU... not sure. I agree Freeze would be the hire...

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Why would they even consider that, we know what Gus can, or cannot, do in the SEC W. As a Bama fan, I say go for it!

I don't always understand the coaching world and how mediocre coaches continue to get passed around. It happens so much even in the NFL. Why do teams think, this time, or for us, it will be different?
In this case, his record against Saban is better than anyone else, and that would probably be enough.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
"Hey Hugh? This is Nick Saban. Wanna come run my offense? Bill O'Brien has taken a job elsewhere. Long hours, good pay, lotsa jewelry, and a restored rep so you can be a head coach again."
He came really close to being the OC........ had the SEC not said anything he probably would have been. I think Sark was better but Freeze knows offense

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Great recruiter, great DL coach. Past that, he's got nothing.
Both correct, and past that there IS nothing. He's literally never been a coordinator. His climb to the top is one of the most puzzling I've ever seen - an obviously ridiculously stupid human who lacks the very skillset that is required to be successful falls uphill over and over and even wins a NC on the coattails of people he didn't even hire...

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I don't know how to link it, but I just watched a video of 2 sports guys talking on another site. Apparently this summer at a camp, Coach O was fishing with his sons. An LSU fan yelled at him that he better win all the games this year... about 10 minutes later, Coach O comes back to this camp site area and verbally says stuff to this guy, trying to get a confrontation started. Someone recorded the audio and a quick video on their phone. Turns out, one of the people there was an LSU booster. The audio was turned in to the administration just recently and they are looking into it.

This incident, along with the one video at UCLA this weekend, along with the sexual harassment stuff, with the losing season last year, and his character, etc.... this is probably it for Coach O (especially if LSU loses more games this year). Even some fans on the LSU site are tired of his antics. I think if Lane Kiffin or Hugh Freeze take his place next year, LSU will become a real threat again quickly.
I don't know if that incident is true or not. If true, O is not only stupid to reply, but unlucky in that he tried to start a physical confrontation with some loudmouth who turned out to be a booster with enough influence to get the video in front of the administration.

Whether it actually happened or not, it would be consistent with previous behavior that is documented on the public record, a/k/a YouTube.

Well, the LSU fan should have not bothered Coach O during private time with his sons.
There are a few programs where part of the price the HC pays is that there is no private time except between the four walls, floor and ceiling of his personal home. Everything else, wherever and whenever it happens, is on the record....whether it's meeting with the POTUS, out to dinner with the family, or heckling from idiot fans.

LSU and Alabama are two of those jobs. We've had a coach or two who didn't understand that, and it's clear O doesn't either. Exponentially more important today, in an era where 99.9% of the population carries a pocket-sized video camera.

You’re right, but Orgeron still had to be smart enough to ignore it. He wasn’t, and that’s a pattern. One almost has to wonder about roid rage with him…
I hadn't considered roid rage, but I think you might be onto something there. It would fit.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Mike Shula was not ready to be the head coach at UA, but he was the best choice for many reasons. He was our "sacrificial lamb" who reset the program and headed us down the right road in many ways. Yes, he was fired...but he was paid 5 million after he left so don't weep for him. In reflection, I don't think he had the "take charge" persona that being the HC at a major football school requires. OTOH, if he had listened to Mal Moore, he would probably still be here and CNS would be somewhere else...

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I mean, if he's using steroids, he's not using them well. I've seen chickens with thicker legs.
I think it’s a combo of steroids plus the 6 Red Bull’s he drinks per day. I wonder if he still drinks alcohol? He needs to change his dietary and health habits , or he’s at risk for health issues.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.