Coaching Carousel 2021

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Have you been to Miami? The nightlife their is as good as USC. Lane could have beautiful girls on each arm. Miami or Oxford Ms. what are you choosing.
Don’t know why people think LK is all about winning NC’s; if you were paying attention, you know why he left Bama. Only thing that matters to him is LK. Sure, he wants to win, but he wants what Miami offers in lifestyle just as much. He could easily win their division, and the ACC here and there as well. His chances of winning the SEC West are not great, and winning the SEC would be lottery-type luck.
They fire Diaz LK is on his way.

Reactions: bamagradinATL

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Miami considered getting rid of their football program before Schnellenberger turned things around. It's a Dolphins town.

Having said that, they play in an easy conference and they are in a state loaded with talent. It's not that hard to win there...
What's so weird is they joined the ACC coming off that incredible four-year run with a record of 46-4 with a national championship, another lost on the last play, and perhaps another they should have contested - and they've been a pile of nothing ever since. The stories at the time were thinking this would give some fuel to the old FSU-Miami rivalry...which has turned out to be a big nothing.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Bronco Mendenhall has resigned as Virginia Cavaliers' coach effective after he coaches their bowl game.
Strangest move whenever he left BYU for Virginia. Presumably because BYU at the time had chosen to go Independent, and the Big 12 had decided not to expand, meaning BYU was sort of stuck in Power 5 purgatory.

But he left for... Virginia?

I'd say it has worked out better for BYU.

Reactions: B1GTide

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
What's so weird is they joined the ACC coming off that incredible four-year run with a record of 46-4 with a national championship, another lost on the last play, and perhaps another they should have contested - and they've been a pile of nothing ever since. The stories at the time were thinking this would give some fuel to the old FSU-Miami rivalry...which has turned out to be a big nothing.
The Nevin Shapiro scandal, the destruction of the OB, and the emergence of UCF have brought Miami back to their pre 1983 standing amongst programs. People keep acting like all it takes is a coach to turn Miami into a competitive Coastal team. Somethings are more than just simple fixes. Somethings are institutional. Miami has won the Coastal a grand total of once since joining in 2004. The rumored Talent should have produced way more than that with the teams they play.

Miami is a dead end job and everyone but Miami blow hards and nostalgia folks know it. Your Boise comparison is probably closer to the truth.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Oh they had the gall to place Miami and Florida State in separate divisions (much like the Big Ten did with Ohio State and Michigan originally) because that would produce a bunch of ACC championship games with FSU/Miami rematches. It has never happened. Not one time.

As much as I love the music, the 1990s are dead and gone and they aren't coming back.

BamaInCummingGA

1st Team
Jun 8, 2017
Cumming, Ga
I attended a UM game the season we beat them for a NC.
They were playing TCU and it was a dull crowd.
Stadium was probably a little over half full.
Some on here would say "but it was TCU" and I would say we drew a bigger crowd against the likes of Duke and MTSU.
I remember calling my folks a day or two after that game and flat out told them that if we played UM in the NC we'd kill them.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
In south Florida this week for trainings. People here with some connections to the Miami program are saying there is a concentrated effort to get a decision made on a new AD as soon as possible. Primarily so they can make a decision on Diaz.

Last edited:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I just looked up a map of the ACC divisions. It's the dumbest thing I've ever seen.
There is no geography to the ACC divisions.

The main goal was to separate Miami and Florida State.

Then, split the Carolina schools. Duke was paired with UNC, and Wake with NC State.

The rest was mildly thrown together with rivalries in mind. Clemson was placed with Florida State, but Georgia Tech was not, for example.

Reactions: lowend

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.