Coaching Carousel 2021

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The fact that they hired a football coach without an AD should tell you that they are not. The University of Miami is in Coral Gables and only cares about keeping people out of their little secluded community. That’s why they play at the Dolphins stadium to begin with.
The behind the scenes word has it that Radakovich wanted Cristobal and was waiting to see if he would accept before accepting the job himself.

I'm not sure this is as dysfunctional as you want to believe.

Reactions: Con

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Didn't I just read Old Miss extended Kiffin's contract today along the lines of $7.5 mil per annum?
Super Mario is on his way to Miami. He's from Miami, went to school there, coached there, and has family there... It's his dream job.
I expect Mario to sign a lot of Florida recruits. (He learned from the best)

Reactions: REDSEA

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
From 1997-2006 Alabama has had 3 10 win seasons and 1 SEC title with the likes of Mike Dubose, Franchonie, and Shula. That’s playing a SEC schedule with a good portion of it on. Probation.

From 2004- present… Miami has 1 10 win season and only 1 ACCCG appearance.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
The fact that they hired a football coach without an AD should tell you that they are not. The University of Miami is in Coral Gables and only cares about keeping people out of their little secluded community. That’s why they play at the Dolphins stadium to begin with.
The plan is to build a 50k stadium on campus, supposedly.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Super Mario is on his way to Miami. He's from Miami, went to school there, coached there, and has family there... It's his dream job.

Kiffin goes to Boca and Kicks butt.

Super Mario goes to FIU and falls flat on his butt.

Tell me who actually knows Miami and who is just from there.

Cristobal may can recruit in favorable situations but his choking in big moments is going to get him.

• Facepalm
Reactions: UntouchableCrew

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I'm betting if Alabama was starting over today, with what they know, BDS would be somewhere in the 80k range. And Bama football has a MUCH larger footprint than UM ever could.
Very true. The sweet spot was 83k like we were before the end zone expansions. Maybe a bit more. But I think there was a desire to have the biggest stadium in the SEC, when it was realized that the demand was there to fill it on a consistent basis. Of course, Tennessee cheated their numbers, and A&M joined the league with a massive stadium expansion, and then the bottom fell out in ticket demand. Now I think even LSU has a larger stadium than BDS.

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
He graduated from Boise then immediately went to Eastern Oregon, an NAIA school, to be a positional coach, then returned to Boise the next year as a GA.
Ok, didn't know that it was told on two different radio shows today that he was grad assistant at Oregon, my bad

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I think the size of BDS is just fine even as big as it is. But the ticket/food prices have got out of control for most average folks. When you can buy a huge 75 inch TV for just a few hundred dollars it makes dropping that much or more for a day at BDS harder to do. But if Bama wants those upper EZ seats full bring down the ticket prices and folks will still come to the games because you can't replicate that atmosphere sitting in front of a TV, no matter how big it is. JMO.

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
I get that he’s from there and played there, but there was zero honor in the way UM handled this situation, and zero honor in Cristobol’s part in it. They’ve always been a trash program and they just doubled down on being a trash program. I hope they lose every game they play. I’m embarrassed that guy ever had anything to do with our program.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.