Coaching Carousel 2021

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
I think the size of BDS is just fine even as big as it is. But the ticket/food prices have got out of control for most average folks. When you can buy a huge 75 inch TV for just a few hundred dollars it makes dropping that much or more for a day at BDS harder to do. But if Bama wants those upper EZ seats full bring down the ticket prices and folks will still come to the games because you can't replicate that atmosphere sitting in front of a TV, no matter how big it is. JMO.
BDS is too big. I sat in the upper south end zone a few years ago and even with binoculars it was hard to follow the action. Without them, it was like watching little red and white dots on a green postage stamp. They’re completely worthless seats

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The behind the scenes word has it that Radakovich wanted Cristobal and was waiting to see if he would accept before accepting the job himself.

I'm not sure this is as dysfunctional as you want to believe.
Of course not. I mean, it's not like they essentially married someone else before they even notified the current spouse they were divorcing them.

(Narrator: they DID actually essentially marry someone while still married to someone else....)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
From 1997-2006 Alabama has had 3 10 win seasons and 1 SEC title with the likes of Mike Dubose, Franchonie, and Shula. That’s playing a SEC schedule with a good portion of it on. Probation.

From 2004- present… Miami has 1 10 win season and only 1 ACCCG appearance.
Only one thing wrong.

TWO probations.

Reactions: 81usaf92

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I get that he’s from there and played there, but there was zero honor in the way UM handled this situation, and zero honor in Cristobol’s part in it. They’ve always been a trash program and they just doubled down on being a trash program. I hope they lose every game they play. I’m embarrassed that guy ever had anything to do with our program.
So what exactly did Mario do that gets under your skin...? :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: The Ols

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
If what I read is correct, he took a job that wasn't open. UM didn't have the guts to fire their coach, so Mario effectively did it for them.
That's on Miami, not Mario... :cool:

Miami handled it very poorly! THAT is why something like that needs to be handled by an AD instead of whoever. :unsure:

• Thank You
Reactions: bamadwain

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I like Mario but not sure he is a program builder. Saban taught him a few things then he went to Oregon where everything was in place for him. All he had to do is recruit. But re-build Miami? I hate to lose some recruits to him which we certainly will but dude probly bit off more than he can chew.

buckeyeFB_

3rd Team
Jun 24, 2019
I think that's a solid hire.
Yeah I’m pretty happy about it!

We needed a DC with a background coaching up the front-6/7, namely linebackers, and Knowles definitely fits that description.

I also know Billy Napier was targeting him to be Florida’s DC, and I’d bet Dabo at least considered him when Venables left, so it was important for Ryan Day to act fast in getting this done.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I also know Billy Napier was targeting him to be Florida’s DC, and I’d bet Dabo at least considered him when Venables left, so it was important for Ryan Day to act fast in getting this done.
I can't imagine anyone choosing Clemson or Miami over OSU right now, but yeah, better to act quickly when you figure out your target.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
So "Mama called" and Miami called back a favorite son in Mario.

Just like they did with Randy Shannon.
Just like they did with Mark Richt, who was far more successful under far tougher circumstances than Mario.

(I'll say this, though - I'm happy for Cristobal, I mean, I wish I could get paid that kind of dough)

EDITED TO ADD:

Let me give the man credit: he met with his players AND he did an interview on Portland radio about how the foundation is laid for great Oregon football. In this day and age of, "I'm gone," I commend him for that.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.