Coaching Carousel 2021

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
This is more interesting as a possibility: O’Brien did work with Belichick and, if I’m not mistaken when BoB landed in Tuscaloosa, it was Mac Jones who worked with him on terminology and system stuff we had been usIng.

It would make more sense than most if McDaniels leaves.

i don't see this one happening. For this to work, Raiders would have to give McDaniel lot of "control" in the Raider organization and That's not going to work with the GM that they are trying to hire. I'm little suprised that McDaniel isn't getting the "looks" in the hiring cycle... But Idon't think He would want to settle with Raiders unless he has full control... He get that, he leave. If he doesn't, he stays with NE. With that in mind, I seriously doubt BOB would get any looks as of now... I think he's slated to stay with Bama for another year...

Now, I want to point something out: Just because Mac Jones helped BOB learned Alabama's playbook names, doesn't mean anything. Remember any OC or DC that comes to Alabama, they have to learn the playbook... Saban alluded to that in interviews in recent years that he wanted to make it easier on the players... they shouldn't have to change offense every 2 or 3 years. BOB wasn't the only one who needed help learning the playbook.

Second point, Kiffin, Sark got better in their second years at Alabama. There is no reason BoB can't do the same as well. If BOB stays for this fall, and I think he is... He will improve a lot. He now knows what he's working with, and how to get a better feeling for the offense going forward.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
From the recent terminations by Harsin, he has hired former coaches he coached with at Boise State. These new coaches do not know the SEC landscape and I suspect his recruiting is going to be hurt since the fired coaches all had SEC recruiting experience. I'll give him two more years.
Harsbin is playing with House money.. This fall will determine whether He can win with Boise guys or not. If they struggle to win 5 games.. .he's on hot seat for next year. I think He will try and move on after this season. SEC isn't it for him.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
i don't see this one happening. For this to work, Raiders would have to give McDaniel lot of "control" in the Raider organization and That's not going to work with the GM that they are trying to hire. I'm little suprised that McDaniel isn't getting the "looks" in the hiring cycle... But Idon't think He would want to settle with Raiders unless he has full control... He get that, he leave. If he doesn't, he stays with NE. With that in mind, I seriously doubt BOB would get any looks as of now... I think he's slated to stay with Bama for another year...

Now, I want to point something out: Just because Mac Jones helped BOB learned Alabama's playbook names, doesn't mean anything. Remember any OC or DC that comes to Alabama, they have to learn the playbook... Saban alluded to that in interviews in recent years that he wanted to make it easier on the players... they shouldn't have to change offense every 2 or 3 years. BOB wasn't the only one who needed help learning the playbook.

Second point, Kiffin, Sark got better in their second years at Alabama. There is no reason BoB can't do the same as well. If BOB stays for this fall, and I think he is... He will improve a lot. He now knows what he's working with, and how to get a better feeling for the offense going forward.
You're probably right about BOB...he wasn't in Louisiana with CNS and PG for a vacation. And you're probably right about the 2nd year together...

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn

Very well said sir

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I don’t know the whole story on whether Mason “resigned” to take the Okie State job or was cut loose. What I do know is, per two relatives with friends on the team, Mason and Harsin were very much “at odds” by the end of year. Some had bled over to conflicts between Mason and assistants as well. One way or another, Mason was not going to be back.
SNASS😁

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Very well said sir
I admit, I wanted BOB gone, but I have to keep telling myself over and over that he has called some of the brillant game this season. When he's on, He's really cooking. When he's not, He's struggling. I think the issue is lack of consistency with his playcalling, and when you combine them together with Issues at OL, Players hurt... that can limit what he really wanted to do.

He now knows that he needs to develop the bench players.. get them ready.

• Thank You
Reactions: bamadwain and Con

Rolltide51

1st Team
Nov 24, 2019
I admit, I wanted BOB gone, but I have to keep telling myself over and over that he has called some of the brillant game this season. When he's on, He's really cooking. When he's not, He's struggling. I think the issue is lack of consistency with his playcalling, and when you combine them together with Issues at OL, Players hurt... that can limit what he really wanted to do.

He now knows that he needs to develop the bench players.. get them ready.
Don't know if this has been discussed but i was wondering how much if any Bryce is allowed to audible. Now that he and BOB have had a year together as well as bryce being a second year starter next year i would like to see him have the chance to audible at time rather than depend on the sideline.

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
Don't know if this has been discussed but i was wondering how much if any Bryce is allowed to audible. Now that he and BOB have had a year together as well as bryce being a second year starter next year i would like to see him have the chance to audible at time rather than depend on the sideline.
I bet he audibles little more than we think

Reactions: Con

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
With J.R. Sandlin, Thad Turnipseed, and Todd Bates now on board, the Oklahoma staff has a definite Alabama flavor.

Todd is supposedly quite the recruiter—I’m curious, what’s the take on him from you guys? Did Saban ever make a run at him?

Reactions: Con

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
With J.R. Sandlin, Thad Turnipseed, and Todd Bates now on board, the Oklahoma staff has a definite Alabama flavor.

Todd is supposedly quite the recruiter—I’m curious, what’s the take on him from you guys? Did Saban ever make a run at him?
Thad isn't a coach. He is more of a facilities guy. He had that smae responsibility un Mal when he was at Bama. I wonder if he will be used in the same way in Norman. (The most glaring need they have is a new stadium.) :rolleyes:

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Well, I would love to see a little continuity in Tuscaloosa. Hopefully, now that BOB and others have had a year in the Saban system, they will do a better job of implementing that system this fall.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.