Coaching Carousel 2021

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
He is not innocent and he has made some powerful enemies in his short time on the plains.
I realize you must have some people you know who "know some stuff" but really at this point it's just all speculation.

If I had to guess there's smoke on both sides.

But nobody trusts Auburn PTB when it comes to firing or hiring a coach. They got "lucky" one time when they hired Dye.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I WILL take HTTR's (and Chelsi's) side on one point here:

I understand that "she's an adult," and I will even sign off on her being a couple of years older than most players at major programs. It's just that every time it's a PLAYER screwing up something like doing drugs or DUI or getting into a stupid fight, we're told some line of bull about how "remember when you were young and the mistakes you made." Of course, that only applies if it's a starter with a lot of athletic ability, but I digress.

Should she have known better? Absolutely.

But then again, he's nearly TWICE her age and in a position of power, so while I'm a bit reluctant to assign victim status to her, the greater responsibility still lies with him in this entire situation.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Auburn is run by morons.

They hired Gene Chizik. Of course, they gave him plenty of help in the QB free agent market at the time. But obviously he was not a program builder.

Then they replaced him with a high school coach with a mickey mouse system. It certainly worked until it didn't, but here is where the really messed up. They bought Malzahn's bluff about the Arkansas job and way overpaid him. When he inevitably crashed, they had to buy him out and replaced him with....

A completely out of his element guy. And even if Harsin was a southern guy, his accomplishments to the point were not worthy of a job like Auburn in the SEC.

Again, Auburn is run by morons.
Shhh……. Don’t stop them while they are messing up

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
But nobody trusts Auburn PTB when it comes to firing or hiring a coach. They got "lucky" one time when they hired Dye.
And Dye was a fallback because Vince Dooley turned them down - though in typical Auburn fashion, they did the toying and interviews and stuff while Dooley was getting ready for (wait for it) a national championship game against Notre Dame.

On top of that, Dye had only been at Wyoming one year, and when his name hit the papers they gave him the ultimatum to resign or publicly remove himself from the coaching search.

He resigned, gambling they would choose him.

• Thank You
Reactions: BamaMoon

BigPoppa52

3rd Team
Oct 25, 2020
Again Tony Dungy never got a job interview from 1981-1995. It wasn’t like he wasn’t known as a very good coach. He was ChucK Noll’s last DC in Pittsburgh. The Rooney rule was designed to fix that issue. It wasn’t designed to force people to hire black coaches (even though a few times there have been incentives of doing so over the years). The rule has drastically improved the hiring of minorities. I mean look at this:

“At the start of the 2006 season, the overall percentage of African-American coaches had jumped to 22%, up from 6% prior to the Rooney Rule”

Ultimately who the organization feels is the best person gets the job, but by interviewing minority candidates it allows their name to get out there. So it’s not a waste of an interview.
And ultimately, those "best person"s are white. Allowing diversity is not a waste of time.

Reactions: Bama75&80

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Sounds like Harsin is their version of Mike Price. A good football mind that's not a great person, but got away with a bunch at a smaller school in a smaller media market. They hit the big time with a much greater stress level and spotlight...that's all she wrote.
As a reminder - the Mike Price story broke on an Auburn message board, and they sat there in all their sadistic glee given he was the 2nd of 3 recent hires to get caught fooling around.

Consequently, while I'm capable of compassion for the young lady and for that matter Harsin's family, don't think I don't take a certain relish of joy in watching their program blow up like ours did, particularly as a number of their folks had been trying to take us down since the end of the Pat Dye regime.

Maybe SEC teams need to stop hiring head coaches from the Western USA who don't "get" how huge football is in the South.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
As a reminder - the Mike Price story broke on an Auburn message board, and they sat there in all their sadistic glee given he was the 2nd of 3 recent hires to get caught fooling around.

Consequently, while I'm capable of compassion for the young lady and for that matter Harsin's family, don't think I don't take a certain relish of joy in watching their program blow up like ours did, particularly as a number of their folks had been trying to take us down since the end of the Pat Dye regime.

Maybe SEC teams need to stop hiring head coaches from the Western USA who don't "get" how huge football is in the South.
I’m enjoying it very much

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
And Dye was a fallback because Vince Dooley turned them down - though in typical Auburn fashion, they did the toying and interviews and stuff while Dooley was getting ready for (wait for it) a national championship game against Notre Dame.

On top of that, Dye had only been at Wyoming one year, and when his name hit the papers they gave him the ultimatum to resign or publicly remove himself from the coaching search.

He resigned, gambling they would choose him.
So basically, they never know what they are doing and might get lucky once every 50 years?

The whole Dye played at Georgia and coached at Auburn and Dooley played at Auburn and Coached at Georgia is just bizarre. I know it happens all the time (WM at Bama) but it's just weird to me.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I WILL take HTTR's (and Chelsi's) side on one point here:

I understand that "she's an adult," and I will even sign off on her being a couple of years older than most players at major programs. It's just that every time it's a PLAYER screwing up something like doing drugs or DUI or getting into a stupid fight, we're told some line of bull about how "remember when you were young and the mistakes you made." Of course, that only applies if it's a starter with a lot of athletic ability, but I digress.

Should she have known better? Absolutely.

But then again, he's nearly TWICE her age and in a position of power, so while I'm a bit reluctant to assign victim status to her, the greater responsibility still lies with him in this entire situation.
To be clear, I was never calling her a victim. She MIGHT be but I have no idea of the details of that relationship. In fact, I don't know anything about her personally as she is not really a public figure like Harsin is.

I do agree with your point here though. Harsin is certainly more at fault in this situation for the reasons you mentioned.

But my original point was that I think talking/implying things about her physical appearance doesn't really fit here both because its a football forum and because this site tends to be focused on a more family friendly atmosphere.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Eric Kiesau, the analyst who replaced Cornelius Williams after he was let go in September, also had his own share of issues. Harsin couldn’t hire him as the WR coach initially because of his affair with a 25 year old at his last job. He had to wait a certain period of time—show cause maybe? His gf apparently came to Auburn as well, just like Chesi. Anyway, he was Harsins pick for OC after Bobo left. I have a photo of him in a hotel room with his gf but won’t share it here. 😜 So, it appears that Harsin isn’t too concerned with off the field behavior. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: UAH

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
To be clear, I was never calling her a victim. She MIGHT be but I have no idea of the details of that relationship. In fact, I don't know anything about her personally as she is not really a public figure like Harsin is.

I do agree with your point here though. Harsin is certainly more at fault in this situation for the reasons you mentioned.

But my original point was that I think talking/implying things about her physical appearance doesn't really fit here both because its a football forum and because this site tends to be focused on a more family friendly atmosphere.
I should have qualified because you clearly were NOT calling her a victim.

But yeah, the "whoo boy" cracks need to stop, too.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Eric Kiesau, the analyst who replaced Cornelius Williams after he was let go in September, also had his own share of issues. Harsin couldn’t hire him as the WR coach initially because of his affair with a 25 year old at his last job. He had to wait a certain period of time—show cause maybe? His gf apparently came to Auburn as well, just like Chesi. Anyway, he was Harsins pick for OC after Bobo left. I have a photo of him in a hotel room with his gf but won’t share it here. 😜 So, it appears that Harsin isn’t too concerned with off the field behavior. 🤷🏻‍♀️
It appears Harsin can't manage time nor possession either ON or OFF the field....:)

tidebanker

1st Team
Oct 10, 2002
Hoover, AL USA
Just my opinion as I watch the show….

Seems like Arson is not liked due to how he treats people….and I’ll leave it at that. In fighting with the ptb there, they are embellishing the intern situation to remind him who is really in charge and save some $$.

I’m waiting for students to storm the arena and Bruce comes in with TP to calm everyone down by leading them to roll Toomers.

Reactions: bamafaninbham

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.