Coaching Carousel 2021

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Cutcliffe was hired as an offensive analyst by Texas. He was not hired to coach Manning, but to use his influence with the Manning family to make sure Arch winds up in Austin. If I had to predict who he will eventually sign with it would be either Ole Miss, Georgia or Texas.
Considering Kirby's history with top tier QB's why would he consider UGA? I wouldn't.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Good point, I think his interest in UGA is the fact that there is very little competition and they are the media darlings having just one the NC. I think it will come down to Ole Miss or Texas.

Reactions: UAH

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think it is becoming incredibly likely that we'll keep BOB as our OC. like it or not, this is huge for Young's Development as a QB and increase BOB's chance to get a HC job next year either on College or Pro level. I've stated before, if BOB can clean up the playcalling a ltitle bit, add new wrinkles, He should be real good this fall.

Nick Saban
Sal Sunseri-Special Assistant to HC (Will focus on Transfer portal, which is huge)
Holmon Wiggins AHC of Offense/Wide Receivers
Charles Kelly- Associate Defensive Coordinator/Safeties
Pete Golding Defensive Coordinator/Inside Linebackers
Bill O'Brien Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks
Eric Wolford Offensive Line
Joe Cox- Tight End
Robert Gillespie- Running Backs
Freddie Roach -Defensive Line
Coleman Hutzler- Special Teams Coord / OLB
Travaris Robinson- CB Coach. Replaces Jay Valai
Zach Mettenberger- Analyst
Braxton Baker- Analyst

Outgoing:
Jay Valai-CB
Doug Marrone- Offensive Line (headed to New Orlean Saints)
Drew Svoboda-Tight End (not sure if he's leaving or demoted to lower position on staff.)

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Also, I want to point out having Braxton and Zach is huge. They have potential to be a good coach one day. Braxton is smart in film room and knows Alabama offense extremely well. Zach bring lot of valuable skillset for QB rooms, combine both of them, they will identify lot of stuff and add new wrinkles for BOB and coaching staff.

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
I think it is becoming incredibly likely that we'll keep BOB as our OC. like it or not, this is huge for Young's Development as a QB and increase BOB's chance to get a HC job next year either on College or Pro level. I've stated before, if BOB can clean up the playcalling a ltitle bit, add new wrinkles, He should be real good this fall.

Nick Saban
Sal Sunseri-Special Assistant to HC (Will focus on Transfer portal, which is huge)
Joe Cox- Tight End
Braxton Baker- Analyst

Outgoing:
Jay Valai-CB
Drew Svoboda-Tight End (not sure if he's leaving or demoted to lower position on staff.)
I’ve come around to believing that most of the offensive inconsistencies were the result of offensive line coaching as apposed to offensive play calling.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I’ve come around to believing that most of the offensive inconsistencies were the result of offensive line coaching as apposed to offensive play calling.
I think you might be right. Our Oline looked pretty meh this year. Bryce was running for his life all season. While O'Brien had some questionable calls sometimes, better Oline play could have made a bad call successful.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I think you might be right. Our Oline looked pretty meh this year. Bryce was running for his life all season. While O'Brien had some questionable calls sometimes, better Oline play could have made a bad call successful.
Better line play makes any call, offensive or defensive, look better.

Next year is critical in regards to teaching and identifying those most ready to play.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012

Nick Saban
Joe Cox- Tight End
Braxton Baker- Analyst

Outgoing:
Jay Valai-CB
Oh he's not staying. He's gone.
Just curious why you were so confident in Bill O’Brien leaving and now believe he isn’t.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Looking more and more like BOB will be back. If he would learn a bit creativity in the game flow of play calling, he could go from be a decent OC to on the level of Kiffin and Sark.

• Crying
Reactions: DogPatch

buckeyeFB_

3rd Team
Jun 24, 2019
Marcus Freeman has finalized his coaching staff at ND...

HC - Marcus Freeman (previously DC/LB coach at ND)

OC/QB - Tommy Rees (retained)

OL - Harry Hiestand (previously OL coach for the Bears in 2019)

TE - Gerad Parker (previously OC/WR coach at West Virginia)

RB - Deland McCullough (previously the RB coach at Indiana)

WR - Chansi Stuckey (previously the WR coach at Baylor)

DC/LB - Al Golden (previously the LB coach for the Bengals)

DL - Al Washington (previously the LB coach at Ohio State)

CB- Mike Mickens (retained)

S - Chris O'Leary (retained)

STC - Brian Mason (previously the STC at Cincinnati)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.