College Football Coaching Carousel - 2022 edition

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
kirby is not moving anywhere .. he has it made at georgia
Maybe but I have also heard he may not be long for coaching the way saban is. He almost retired before the 2021 season because of burnout. And if you look at him, He has aged a lot in the last few years. We can sit there and say "kirby has it made at UGA", But guys like Kirby and Nick have to work incredibly hard to get their players to fight complacency. Coaching is a brutal Job.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Rumors are flying all over the place that the Arizona Cardinals have received permission to speak to Kirby Smart about the HC opening. I'm trying to verify, but everything is behind a paywall.
Why would they need permission? Jawja is good, but not NFL good. That’s just a ploy by Sexton, because Arizona needs as much permission to talk Kirby as I do. Not buying it.

Reactions: SkullDuckery

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
He is only 47. He may decide he wants another challenge. He could go to Arizona for a few years and then return when Saban retires. ;)
While that is a nice thought, I get the sense that if he leaves. Its because the job will have worn him down. People like to throw out the phrases "king of college football" like somehow if you win a bunch of titles you get to rest on some throne while your subjects feed you grapes. Here is the truth. Everyone hates you, Everyone wants to destroy you and the more you win the worse and harder it gets. All the people that were so "happy for Georgia" when they finally won a national title are about turn around and start hating them.

For anyone who doesn't believe me, in 2016 a lot of general public were "so Happy" for Clemson and Dabo. Fast forward to 2023 and there are casual fans out there that would rather have Bama on top than Clemson. (Granted Dabo's dumb comments exacerbated this)

Last edited:

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
He was put on leave a few days ago. I suspect they busted him violating their computer access rules.

I'm not going to venture a guess as to what it was but it sounds like it wasn't illegal, just a violation of rules.
Bow chicka wow wow potentially.

On that note, had two fellow coworkers throw away 25+ year careers over something similar.

IT guys: Hey, we know exactly what you’re doing on any of our computers at any given moment. You can’t hide it from us. Do it again and you will be terminated.

Employees: proceed to continue unabated.

IT guys: we didn’t stutter, you are dismissed.

I don’t think this was the first time he was caught doing this, or they were just looking for a reason to let him go, and he gave them one.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Bow chicka wow wow potentially.

On that note, had two fellow coworkers throw away 25+ year careers over something similar.

IT guys: Hey, we know exactly what you’re doing on any of our computers at any given moment. You can’t hide it from us. Do it again and you will be terminated.

Employees: proceed to continue unabated.

IT guys: we didn’t stutter, you are dismissed.

I don’t think this was the first time he was caught doing this, or they were just looking for a reason to let him go, and he gave them one.
While the IT guys look at anything their perverted heart's desire. LOL!

joking/not joking

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I’m old enough to remember when corporate internet security wasn't much more than "give us your laptop" . Of course your "laptop" was zenith SuperSport 286 that weighed about 20lbs.

Our then National Sales Director was canned after a couple of years, due to failure to meet sales objectives. I was later told by one of our IT people when they went through his company laptop, they found all kinds of unsavory things. Come to find out, they periodically check everyone's laptop on the sales team....except for his.

SkullDuckery

1st Team
Dec 28, 2015
Maybe but I have also heard he may not be long for coaching the way saban is. He almost retired before the 2021 season because of burnout. And if you look at him, He has aged a lot in the last few years. We can sit there and say "kirby has it made at UGA", But guys like Kirby and Nick have to work incredibly hard to get their players to fight complacency. Coaching is a brutal Job.
I saw a pic of him at Russellville HS. He looked 65 years old.

Reactions: Con

TraskiTideFan

1st Team
Apr 18, 2009
Savannah TN
He was put on leave a few days ago. I suspect they busted him violating their computer access rules.

I'm not going to venture a guess as to what it was but it sounds like it wasn't illegal, just a violation of rules.
He was due a $400,000 bonus for the season performance. They needed a "For Cause" excuse to get out of it, I am sure..........:unsure:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I could see Kirby hanging it up soon...he has nothing left to prove, and has enough money that his great grandchildren won't have to work unless they just want to.

I'll be extremely surprised, however, to see him leave UGA for another coaching job, professional or college.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I could see Kirby hanging it up soon...he has nothing left to prove, and has enough money that his great grandchildren won't have to work unless they just want to.

I'll be extremely surprised, however, to see him leave UGA for another coaching job, professional or college.
I don't think so. He will want to go NFL... I've been saying for a minute, he'll want to go to NFL....

Reactions: Tidelines

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.