College Football Coaching Carousel - 2022 edition

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
I think that's part of their problem. Nothing says they have to be an option team. They don't have nearly the restrictions that the service academies do. Seeing Stanford, Northwestern, and even Notre Dame have varying levels of success tells me that Georgia Tech should be capable of achieving similar. But they went with Paul Johnson and the triple option. And once you go down that road and for so long as they did, then it becomes very difficult to turn it around and do something different. The recruiting has to be completely overhauled. You're better off going on probation for a couple of years.
It doesn’t appear to me that they have the all-out commitment needed to have a top program. Even UGA didn’t have it until the current coach.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
…They have had 6 seasons of at least 9 wins since 2020. (5 with 9, 1 with 11)
They only had three losing seasons since 2020 before Collins arrived (2010 @ 6-7; 2015 @ 3-9; 2017 @ 5-6)…
GT has a truly remarkable program with 6 seasons of 9+ wins since 2020. They even outpace the Standard of college football, Alabama, who only has 2 such seasons.

Couple that with their 3 losing seasons over the same time span, more than even Vanderbilt with 2, they’ve entered a realm of accomplishment unknown to man. 🙂

Bama_N_Va

1st Team
Aug 16, 2017
GT has a truly remarkable program with 6 seasons of 9+ wins since 2020. They even outpace the Standard of college football, Alabama, who only has 2 such seasons.

Couple that with their 3 losing seasons over the same time span, more than even Vanderbilt with 2, they’ve entered a realm of accomplishment unknown to man. 🙂
With the amount of new hardware GT received for these records, they should be able to build a new wing onto their football museum!!!!

Reactions: BamaInBham

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
It doesn’t appear to me that they have the all-out commitment needed to have a top program. Even UGA didn’t have it until the current coach.
Very much like Vanderbilt in that regard. They enjoy the paychecks from being leached onto the football powers in their conference, while also being able to pompously claim they haven't sold their academic souls to being a football factory.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
It's truly amazing that we "settled" for Saban and have had to "make do" with "only" six national championships during his tenure here, particularly since Paul Johnson would have won at least ten or more. I mean, we all saw how at Tech he was the second coming of Knute Rockne-Paul Bryant-George Halas-Walter Camp-Lou Holtz-John McKay, didn't we?

• Haha
Reactions: fireater and CB4

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
It's truly amazing that we "settled" for Saban and have had to "make do" with "only" six national championships during his tenure here, particularly since Paul Johnson would have won at least ten or more. I mean, we all saw how at Tech he was the second coming of Knute Rockne-Paul Bryant-George Halas-Walter Camp-Lou Holtz-John McKay, didn't we?
His tenure here would have been like Holtz at South Carolina or McKay at Tampa Bay.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Reactions: CB4

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
I am surprised Paul Chryst was fired in this manner. SMH Though he deserved better.
Bucky was getting worse by the week, never mind the season. This is a good move for them to make Leonhard interim to either land the job he’s been touted for or to give other interested parties a trial run on Bucky’s dime. Chryst just seemed about as meh as a B1G coach could get these days.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.