Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I saw that Tom Herman got the FAU job. I guess if he was on our OC list, can mark him off. I'm not sure he would be a good fit as OC at Bama anyway.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I am not Coach PrimeTime but for me, I'm Florida bound with the warm weather riding bikes with @Bazza on Sunday afternoons sprinkling in some recruiting visits to players within a stones throw from me.
Deon actually called me this morning to find out how the waves were down at the inlet. I told him they are always good. Some days just better than others!

He guffawed (you know the way he does) and said he will drop by soon.

;)

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Deon actually called me this morning to find out how the waves were down at the inlet. I told him they are always good. Some days just better than others!

He guffawed (you know the way he does) and said he will drop by soon.

;)
Where do you live in Florida? Near any of the bowl games?

Reactions: Bazza

buckeyeFB_

3rd Team
Jun 24, 2019
I've honestly never heard of Kenny Guiton
Haha yeah the whole "THAT Kenny Guiton" thing was something I said specifically to B1GTide because I'd only expect buckeye fans to get it.

But Kenny Guiton played QB at Ohio State from 2009-2013 and is probably the most loved/famous backup of all time amongst buckeye fans (aside from Cardale Jones). Guiton is just loved by buckeye fans because he did start a few games in 2013 while Braxton Miller was injured and he performed admirably but, more importantly, he came in against Purdue in 2012 after Braxton Miller left the game with an injury and lead a comeback that kept the undefeated season alive.

He's done a good job as Arkansas' WR coach, but it doesn't matter at this point because Brian Hartline said today that he's staying at Ohio State.

• Full Banjeaux!
Reactions: Con and B1GTide

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
Haha yeah the whole "THAT Kenny Guiton" thing was something I said specifically to B1GTide because I'd only expect buckeye fans to get it.

But Kenny Guiton played QB at Ohio State from 2009-2013 and is probably the most loved/famous backup of all time amongst buckeye fans (aside from Cardale Jones). Guiton is just loved by buckeye fans because he did start a few games in 2013 while Braxton Miller was injured and he performed admirably but, more importantly, he came in against Purdue in 2012 after Braxton Miller left the game with an injury and lead a comeback that kept the undefeated season alive.

He's done a good job as Arkansas' WR coach, but it doesn't matter at this point because Brian Hartline said today that he's staying at Ohio State.
For some reason it was in my mind he was a WR

buckeyeFB_

3rd Team
Jun 24, 2019
For some reason it was in my mind he was a WR
Well he's only coached wide receivers in his coaching career (Houston, Louisina Tech, Colorado State, Arkansas), but he did play QB as a player.

That's not uncommon though because a lot of QB's who go into coaching start out coaching WR's before they ever actually coach QB's (Lincoln Riley, Ryan Day, and James Franklin are a few examples).

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Told you, pot for pain management.

Roach or Rob for sure. I think both are young and capable recruiters. It would be a promotion, but I’m pretty sure Alabama could match the salary if Saban wanted.

The Alabama St. coach is vindicated, Prime isn’t SWAC

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Told you, pot for pain management.

Roach or Rob for sure. I think both are young and capable recruiters. It would be a promotion, but I’m pretty sure Alabama could match the salary if Saban wanted.

The Alabama St. coach is vindicated, Prime isn’t SWAC
I wonder if it is Roach or T Rob, if they will try to get some of the recruits verbally committed to Bama to go with them to Colorado. I doubt it will happen, but you never know. Hopefully, the ones verbally committed all sign in December, especially Caleb Downs and a few others we really need that Roach or T Rob may have been the primary recruiter for. In the end, these players want to play for Coach Saban and Bama to help their NFL chances, but with recruiting these days, nothing is certain until they sign their letter of intent. RTR!

Reactions: seebell

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.