News Article: Coaching Carousel Thread

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
UCLA can't be happy with that hire.
Though I think the other names on their list were better coaches, I think Alford may be a better fit. He is used to recruiting the West coast, he likes to run up tempo offense, he has a fiery personality, and he has a "name". As much as I like Brad Stevens, he did the right thing staying ta Butler because his fit at UCLA would have been bad (never thought he would leave anyways).

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
Though I think the other names on their list were better coaches, I think Alford may be a better fit. He is used to recruiting the West coast, he likes to run up tempo offense, he has a fiery personality, and he has a "name". As much as I like Brad Stevens, he did the right thing staying ta Butler because his fit at UCLA would have been bad (never thought he would leave anyways).
He's a solid mid major coach. He made the NCAA tournament twice at Iowa with 7-9 conference records. I don't see him being a better coach than Howland.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
At least we don't seem to be in the market to have a vacancy. I want to see what Grant can do with our returnees and some beefing up inside...

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
At least we don't seem to be in the market to have a vacancy. I want to see what Grant can do with our returnees and some beefing up inside...
We both agree. I think we will be better next year, not great, but better. Having some semblance of an inside threat will make out shooters much more comfortable so hopefully they will be open more often. I still have leadership concerns about next years team. We suffered from leadership issues much of the year. Releford needs to take control from the end of this season to the end of next season. He needs to be here over the summer and set an example for the younger players. This should have been his team this year and he didn't step up until late in the season.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
We both agree. I think we will be better next year, not great, but better. Having some semblance of an inside threat will make out shooters much more comfortable so hopefully they will be open more often. I still have leadership concerns about next years team. We suffered from leadership issues much of the year. Releford needs to take control from the end of this season to the end of next season. He needs to be here over the summer and set an example for the younger players. This should have been his team this year and he didn't step up until late in the season.
It does tell you something about a kid when he skips the summer...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
If it takes going home for the summer for three point shooting to improve then I don't want to Levi, Lacey, or Cooper in Tuscaloosa this summer.
LOL! He obviously worked like hell on his shooting. However, he could have done that also in T-Town and participated in the conditioning program. I think RJ's point about leadership is a good one. It's hard to assert yourself as a leader if you're not there and everyone else is and working...

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
LOL! He obviously worked like hell on his shooting. However, he could have done that also in T-Town and participated in the conditioning program. I think RJ's point about leadership is a good one. It's hard to assert yourself as a leader if you're not there and everyone else is and working...
I know. I forgot to add my smiley face emoticon.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Breaking:

RT @GoodmanCBS Richard Pitino has reached a verbal agreement to become the next coach at Minnesota, sources told CBSSports

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.