Coaching update: Bama gets its man at OC; DC remains unfilled

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Good stuff Jess. If they remove the "co" from the title to keep Schuman in Athens then does that mean Muschamp could be a viable candidate in Tuscaloosa?
I don't think so. I have heard -- unconfirmed, mind you, but I believe it has viability as a rumor -- that there's not a lot of love lost in this particular relationship. For what reasons, I don't know. However, I would have said the same thing about Kevin Steele on multiple occasions. Either that means the rumors are falsehoods, or Saban is able to bury the hatchet for the good of making what he thinks is the best hire at the right time.

At the same time, if Georgia hangs on to Schumann and takes the "co-" tag off him in doing so, they've got to find a landing spot for Muschamp. I don't think Muschamp is going to be a head coach of a major program again, but I also don't think he's ready to be put out to pasture or downgrade to an analyst job. Most likely in that case, it would almost have to be that he's a candidate for an opening at the NFL level and all the relevant parties are aware of this.

If I was laying odds right now between only Schumann and Steele, I'd rate it 70/30 Steele. I'd like to think Alabama has had Schumann or Leonhard this whole time and has been downplaying it for one reason or another (i.e., timing of recruiting obligations to a former employer in Schumann's case, or waiting on Leonhard's contract to be fully settled out with Wisconsin), but those sort of things are usually concocted by fans hoping against hope that they get the outcome they personally favor.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Coach Steele isn't the flashy pick as DC, but, he's certainly familiar with"The Process" & from the pressures it takes working for Coach Saban..

He knows what it takes for the job on the recruiting trail on Coach Saban's coaching staff..

I fully expect us too reclaim college football this coming year from The 'Daegs..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.