Cobra Kai season 3

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It dropped last night on Netflix and I ended up binging all of it. I was at work so it passed time.

Thoughts (minor spoilers)

- Better than season 2 but not as good as season 1

- Martin Kove is downright scary in this season

- the first 7 episodes are some of the best in the series

- the last 3 episodes were good but it felt like they were trying for a double ending. I think it being off for a whole year that they wanted an epic ending but it kinda feels crammed

- 90% of the rumors from the last year were false

- There is a lot more character development than action. Basically the opposite of season 2

- There are a few outrageous moments that you have to really suspend your disbelief.

- Daniel and Johnny are awesome as usual

- A lot of KK 2 and 3 callbacks so you may have to catch up or read some synopsis to understand some of it.

- I give it a 8.5/10

Reactions: 92tide

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think they go through with it and maybe there's some type of redemption or betrayal at the AV to set up season 5.
*** spoiler***

The biggest concern I have is that the actor that played Terry Silver has retired from acting. So it’s not going to be as easy to do the callbacks that they did this season. The directors have even said that they went into production this season without having Allie or Chosen’s actors agreeing to come back. While KK3 is not anywhere close to my favorite, Terry Silver is by far the most memorable thing about it. Granted the actor that played Mike Barnes has been begging to be on the show.

But so far the show has been stellar. I just hope they keep the focus on Johnny and Miguel more instead of what they did in Season 2.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Chozen's appearance may be my favorite of the whole show.

I can't wait to see what comes out of Kreese's phone call.

Also, I thought for sure that the fisherman at the end of season 2 was going to be Miyagi's "long lost son."

Last edited:
Reactions: 81usaf92

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
It's the best terrible show I've seen. We binged it. I still can't believe (yes I can) that he kept calling Miguel, Hot Wheels.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Never was a fan of Terry Sliver character. Terry Sliver is Karate Kid/Cobra Kai's version of Justin Hammer from Iron Man Mythology. A complete forgettable bad guy. To me John Kreese was always the better bad guy.

I think S4 of Cobra Kai needs to be it's last. All shows have a limited shelf live, but shows like Cobra Kai has an even shorter life because it is squarely based on nostaglia. Once people get pass the nostagic portion of the show, they realize had not good the show really is. I'm hoping s4 is it.

• Smash Keyboard
Reactions: DogPatch

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Never was a fan of Terry Sliver character. Terry Sliver is Karate Kid/Cobra Kai's version of Justin Hammer from Iron Man Mythology. A complete forgettable bad guy. To me John Kreese was always the better bad guy.

I think S4 of Cobra Kai needs to be it's last. All shows have a limited shelf live, but shows like Cobra Kai has an even shorter life because it is squarely based on nostaglia. Once people get pass the nostagic portion of the show, they realize had not good the show really is. I'm hoping s4 is it.
KK 3 was the weakest entry out of the Larusso trilogy but Terry made it watchable. I’m kinda the opposite, Kreese really did very little to be a villain and was more fleshed out in Cobra Kai. Terry was far more threatening than Kreese or Barnes. Johnny and Chozen were the best villains in the trilogy while Sato and Kreese were more “meh” generic villains. Terry probably was the one truly evil person in the trilogy.

As for Cobra Kai ending and just living on nostalgia.... I think it has another 2 seasons in it if it wants to. Keep in mind it’s Johnny Lawrence’s story and that’s the most interesting aspect of it. The story arc is one of the best I’ve seen in a while for a show of it’s type.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
As for Cobra Kai ending and just living on nostalgia.... I think it has another 2 seasons in it if it wants to. Keep in mind it’s Johnny Lawrence’s story and that’s the most interesting aspect of it. The story arc is one of the best I’ve seen in a while for a show of it’s type.
The show is so much better when the scenes focus on Johnny. He's "bad ass."

Reactions: 81usaf92

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.