Poll: College Football Champion Choice

Who is your pick for National Champion and Why?

• Total voters

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I think Clemson is the most "complete" team on both sides of the ball.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I think tOSU has the most complete team this year...
*Didn't see your reply...They both look good on both sides, tOSU gets the nod for beating LIVE opponents...

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
From watching yesterday I would have to say Clemson. LSU looked improved on defense but they were playing Georgia who has a bad offense. Ohio St. would have received my vote but they just looked tight or something. Fields played soft in the beginning because of his knee. Clemson is fresh though and didn't have to work hard to get in. I feel like Oklahoma will get smoked and embarrassed in their game though.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I pick and want Ohio State to win it all.

Why?

Clemson: don't want Dabo catching up with Saban in the trophy count. He is only 50 years old and has a long future.

LSU: I want their "fairy tale" to come to an end. They seem too cocky. They are getting too many of our recruits.

Oklahoma: I want Jalen to do well, but I don't want the media narrative of the Jalen/Saban story to get any worse (if OU wins it all).

• Thank You
Reactions: B1GTide

VernonTider

Scout Team
Nov 9, 2019
Ohio State. Simply: I live in Texas, there are OU fans of note around me, and as much as I love Jalen, I can't root for them to win another national title -- I would love to see Riley leave, though, and that might do it. I don't want a Clemson repeat, already tired of hearing how Thor/Trevor Lawrence is the greatest ever at 12 years old. I sure don't want LSU to win it, and have a season to remember forever at our expense. So I'm going Ohio State. I am rooting for some good football, because I will watch it, even though we're not in it.

I guess I'd like to see LSU take OU out (hurts to say with Jalen at QB), and Ohio State knock out Dabo and Thor. Ideally, a great national title game between LSU and Ohio State, and an Ohio State win.

That's if I could order it up. Now, what do I think will happen:
- Ohio State loses to Clemson, probably going down early and then a comeback falling short.
- LSU beats Oklahoma, although probably not nearly as easily as folks would think.
- LSU beats Clemson in a shootout of a national title game.

Reactions: B1GTide

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Game 1: Boomer Sooner
Game 2: Go Buckeyes
Game 3: Go Buckeyes

Rules:

1) Screw the SEC: All of the 13 dwarves continue to plot our destruction, and have cheered for our demise even when we viewed 8 wins as a good season. So screw them all.

2) Screw Clemson: Cant stand Dabo and I cant stand Orange. So why bother cheering for them in their pursuit of a dynasty

3) Screw Oklahoma: I like Jalen as a person, but two things I absolutely can not stand that would be attached to an Oklahoma national championship... 1) The "Alabama kept the wrong quarterback" narrative to dominate the offseason and 2) the obnoxious sound of Boomer Sooner playing forever. Lucky for Oklahoma is that this is Rule #3 and not Rule #1 so I can cheer for them 1 game.

I can stomach an Ohio St NC more than the other 3

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
1) I hope Clemson goes down quickly; last thing we need is 3 in 4 years becoming commonplace.

2) I would have pulled for LSU, but I've had so many horse's behinds get in my face (people I've never even said a word to or about) and wanting to act like they became God's chosen football team.

3) Last thing I want to hear is, "Lincoln Riley could use Hurts and Saban couldn't," mostly because it's nonsense.

I hate Ohio St, but I hate them the least of the four.

So.........Sweet Meteor o' Death......

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
1) I hope Clemson goes down quickly; last thing we need is 3 in 4 years becoming commonplace.

2) I would have pulled for LSU, but I've had so many horse's behinds get in my face (people I've never even said a word to or about) and wanting to act like they became God's chosen football team.

3) Last thing I want to hear is, "Lincoln Riley could use Hurts and Saban couldn't," mostly because it's nonsense.

I hate Ohio St, but I hate them the least of the four.

So.........Sweet Meteor o' Death......
If only Baylor or Utah could have not choked...

FaninLA

2nd Team
Jul 9, 2019
Cantonment, FL
I voted for Clemson, just because they are well rested and without a lot of injuries to heal up. I would prefer the Buckeyes to win, for many of the same reasons voiced here; live on the Gulf Coast and have to deal with a bunch of Corndogs, the Hurts/Saban narrative is so annoying, and don’t want Clemson to get comfortable in the Alabama role in the CFP.

Reactions: UAllday and B1GTide

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
It's funny that the 3 LSU voters are quiet on reasons for their vote.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Ohio State. Folks are reading way too much into the conference championships.

We would have given LSU a better game than Georgia with Mac at QB. The East in its present state is trash. Sorry Bazza.

Of course Clemson looked great. Since when did Virginia become anything to sniff at?

Wisconsin is a solid team that Ohio State had already destroyed. The Badgers has revenge and Ohio State didn’t properly respect them. It lasted for a half and then OSU goes on a 27-0 run to close out the game. I don’t understand why that’s not impressive to anyone.

• Thank You
Reactions: The Ols and B1GTide

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.