CONCACAF Gold Cup

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
So the battle for supremacy in the group will be between us and Canada. They technically lead on the second tie-breaker, goals for, but we're already both through to the knockout rounds.

We'll have to watch the Mexico vs El Salvador match closely. Depending on that result we could face them in the final (ideal as we're clearly the two best sides in CONCACAF) or semifinal pending how we do against Canada.

OakMtn4Bama

All-American
Jan 10, 2007
Trussville
I really like Dike. He is getting better and better. I predict he will be starting by fall. Hoppe played very well too. Hard to judge just how good we were, but a clean sheet is most welcome and great experience for the kids. Three man back line looked pretty comfortable.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
I really like Dike. He is getting better and better. I predict he will be starting by fall. Hoppe played very well too. Hard to judge just how good we were, but a clean sheet is most welcome and great experience for the kids. Three man back line looked pretty comfortable.
We did concede due to Acosta grabbing his man. Not happy about that change, GGG. Guy isn't a back line player and it showed.

Dike may be the most natural 9 we've had. Touch still needs a little work but he's big fast and awesome. At 21 that's a prototype that could blossom into a world class player.

Comprehensively good win. Nobody looked poor all night. Busio, Hoppe, Giaochinni. All looked awesome.

OakMtn4Bama

All-American
Jan 10, 2007
Trussville
We did concede due to Acosta grabbing his man. Not happy about that change, GGG. Guy isn't a back line player and it showed.

Dike may be the most natural 9 we've had. Touch still needs a little work but he's big fast and awesome. At 21 that's a prototype that could blossom into a world class player.

Comprehensively good win. Nobody looked poor all night. Busio, Hoppe, Giaochinni. All looked awesome.
I meant to say clean sheet from the run of play. Good win. You have to play who is in front of you. The young guys show some promise. We should have some depth. Going to need it.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Today is the final day of play in our group. Because of FIFA norms (ahem, Disgrace of Gijón) both final group stage games will take place simultaneously. Haiti and Martinique are playing for pride while we and Canada are playing for knockout seeding.

We're tied atop the group but Canada's lead on the second tiebreaker, goals for, means they take the group with only a draw.

I hope we see the lineup we started against Martinique, but Tyler Adams might make it a toss up between him and Shaq Moore. I'd personally start Shaq and save Tyler for later in the game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.