CONCACAF Gold Cup

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Well, I should have stayed asleep as the USWNT delivered a disappointing offensive effort and lost to Canada 1-0 on a VAR awarded penalty. Perhaps there will now be a much needed revamp of the roster.
If there's any roster on earth in need of new blood it's the USWNT. Love what they've accomplished but if you're still trotting Carli Lloyd out there for serious PT then there are major developmental problems.

• Thank You
Reactions: B1GTide

OakMtn4Bama

All-American
Jan 10, 2007
Trussville
Had to tape Mexico. Was surprised (nicely)that Bello was pretty much a rock on D on the left side. Turner played well at GK , and the kids survived the pressure! We have built some experienced depth (and maybe a starter or three). We MUST qualify for the WC:oops:

OakMtn4Bama

All-American
Jan 10, 2007
Trussville
The ladies never could get completely in sync. Not sure what was going on in their heads. It is definitely time for some younger plays to rise to the occasion . Some big shoes to fill going forward. Also, the world is placing more emphasis on the women's game, and the athletes have been training to catch up with us. Can't always rely on brute strength and speed anymore. I love to watch the USWNT, but they have some work to do going forward. It is OK by me if they leave the politics at home as well.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Had to tape Mexico. Was surprised (nicely)that Bello was pretty much a rock on D on the left side. Turner played well at GK , and the kids survived the pressure! We have built some experienced depth (and maybe a starter or three). We MUST qualify for the WC:oops:
I expected Bello to be a weak point but damn if he didn't prove me wrong. Thought that left wing would get eaten alive but I was pleasantly surprised.

Turner absolutely deserved the golden gloves. Surrendered no goals in the run of play and made several spectacular saves.

I take back every bad thing I've ever said about Acosta. He was my man of the match last night and has been a man on a mission all throughout the knockout stage.

Gonna reiterate what I said about Gyasi last week. He has his place on the roster. Dude just never. Stops. Moving. Nobody we have is better off the ball or in high press.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
David Ochoa officially filed his paperwork for his one time national team transfer to go play for El Tri.

I'd have been way more distraught about this 3 weeks ago, but since we are young and deep at keeper with a world class distributor (Steffen), a world class shot stopper (Turner) and a guy that's so clutch he needs a wheelbarrow to tote his massive balls (Horvath)...

Well, Ochoa? Thank you. **** you. Bye.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.