Politics: Congressional Aprroval Rating Hits 9%

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
many people would put forth the argument that a congress that does nothing is the best congress of all.
“If I could once see a Congress meet and adjourn without passing any law whatever, I should hail it as one of the most acceptable of omens.”
John Randolph of Roanoke, 1824

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Noble gesture, but I would put money that you'd change your tune after a few years, just like every one else who's tried. Not many enter politics with the intention of being a manipulative bastard unworthy of an ounce of trust.

The day politics became a career choice is the day our government stopped working by the people, for the people. It has instead morphed into a self-serving entity impenetrable to public opinion and ignorant of public need. It exists independent of any administration, concerned only with its own perpetuity and power. Democracy seems only to intensify the darker half of human nature and elevate it to an anthropomorphized construction that does not care at all for the people it deigns to serve. It instead interacts only with other governments that have similarly divorced themselves from their citizens in all but word, and operate on a level intentionally incomprehensible to the layman. The entire system of governance, of glorified fiefdom and servitude, has long passed its period of usefulness. Our has abandoned its created purpose, and I cannot think of any return that does not involve violent revolution.

The founding fathers tried to write a modified set of Asimov's Laws into this constitution to protect its citizenry. It didn't work.
I nominate this as post of the week, serious category.