Link: Cornelius Bennett's Son Is A Hot Commodity

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Sounds like as soon as Bama gives Kivon a committable offer to come play at Bama..The legacy of the greatest LB'er to ever play at Bama will commit..That's no slam to Derrick Thomas cause he was equally a great LB'er..Biscuit will always be the best LB'er that's ever played at Bama or I think so anyways..

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
Sounds like as soon as Bama gives Kivon a committable offer to come play at Bama..The legacy of the greatest LB'er to ever play at Bama will commit..That's no slam to Derrick Thomas cause he was equally a great LB'er..Biscuit will always be the best LB'er that's ever played at Bama or I think so anyways..

Here's The Link..CLICK ME
Even Biscuit has said DT was the best rush-LB to ever play the position . Obviously that's short of saying "most complete" or "best overall" , but it still says a lot though :)

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Even Biscuit has said DT was the best rush-LB to ever play the position . Obviously that's short of saying "most complete" or "best overall" , but it still says a lot though :)
I actually agree with ya..Biscuit is my personally favorite & is right there with DT as too who's the best ever at Bama..Arguments can be made either way..I think DT was quicker & think Biscuit was the harder hitter..Cornelius was a couple biscuits shy of playing with his hands on the ground all the time..LOL

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
I actually agree with ya..Biscuit is my personally favorite & is right there with DT as too who's the best ever at Bama..Arguments can be made either way..I think DT was quicker & think Biscuit was the harder hitter..Cornelius was a couple biscuits shy of playing with his hands on the ground all the time..LOL
I get your enthusiam . . No question Bennett was a great LB. However, it can be said that Lee Roy Jordan was as dominant in his time as Bennett was in his. Maybe more. You could almost say the same for Rolando. Is Jordan the physical specimen that Bennett is/was? No. That's what over twenty years of advances in s&c can do.

It's a bit limiting to say that someone is the best ever at a place with the history of Alabama, especially on the defensive side of the ball. It's sort of like saying Cooper is a better receiver than - for instance - Hutson. Faster, stronger, etc.. Sure. But when you frame it in terms of the time someone plays, it gets trickier to say "best."

So, Lee Roy Jordan says "hi." :wink:

Bet we can agree to say it is great to be a fan of a place that had Jordan, Lowe, Bennett, Thomas, McLain, Mosley, etc. :biggrin2:

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I watched them both when I was a student. They were different kinds of linebackers so it's hard to compare. Bennett was the best inside linebacker I ever saw. (I never saw Lr Jordan play). He could go sideline to sideline and delivered bone crunching hits. Thomas was a better pass rusher than anyone but rarely delivered hits, he just got them down. Bennett put them in moral fear of death.

Bennett was a quiet guy. He used to go to this bar and play pinball. Some drunk redneck came in and started trouble on an otherwise quiet night. Bennett never said a word for a bit but soon it became clear he was going to start a fight. Bennett quietly walked over, snatched that boy up like a rag doll and tossed him out the door. (he did not return). He then walked back to his pinball game. I don't think his heart rate even increased.

He hurt his knee his junior season and I don't know if he was ever quite the same afterwards. If he had modern medical help for that knee I think his pro career might have been even more impressive.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I have a friend that lived in Buffalo during Cornelius' playing days there. Said kids would hang out after practice to get autographs and Biscuit would do one better; he would get a football and play with them in the parking lot.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I agree it's hard to label just one LB'er as the greatest ever cause we've had so many great LB'er that's worn Crimson..Another one that literally had all the tools needed to be a great great LB'er was Keith McCants..Dude was a freak of nature & could've been as good as anyone that played the game..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.