Science: COVID-19 Vaccine Issues and New Poll Part II

Will You/Have You Take One of the COVID-19 Vaccines?

• I am smart and will take whatever vaccine is offered to me as soon as I can get it

Votes: 25 56.8%
  • I'm an idiot and will not take any vaccine despite the fact they save lives, will help end pandemic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will only take a certain vaccine (see comment)

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I am smart and lucky so I've already taken the first dose of a vaccine

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I am smart and super lucky so I've already taken both doses of a vaccine

Votes: 9 20.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maudiemae

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2003
West Palm Beach, Florida
The Holocaust was fake. They are obviously lying.
Evidently. Those tattoos on the arms---magic marker. Seriously, we recently lost one such friend. Not to Covid, it was just her time. What a lovely, gracious lady she was! I always wondered how people who'd been through survival of the camps and lost so much, including her family, could have such a bright and beautiful outlook on life, but she did. During the primaries and after the 2016 election, she kept saying it was all too familiar. Watching people flock to him no matter how low he went or how horrible was haunting to her. She said it had the same feel.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
-We got confirmation from Syrian hamsters that the variant B.1.351 (first discovered in South Africa) reduces AstraZeneca neutralizing antibodies by 9.5-fold compared to B.1.1.7.

this sounds bad
It does. Not sure how it translates to hospitalizations and deaths since Moderna antibodies are reduced 6 fold with that variant but still apparently perfect in that metric. I have to throw my hands up a bit and just admit that we don't fully know yet. AZ did not even apply for an authorization here. I don't think they would get one based on present data.

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Hey MobtownK

if I am you I am scheduling in South Mississippi right now

I'm going to ask during my primary appointment on Thursday. I am 10 minutes over the state line... so if they check my license..... I couldn't get it.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I'm going to ask during my primary appointment on Thursday. I am 10 minutes over the state line... so if they check my license..... I couldn't get it.
don't ask, schedule

the vaccines are being sent out by the federal gov to the states, they will not care. I got mine in TN, wife in TN, daughter in Alabama and now son in GA. None cared what state we got it in. Hell my nephew got his in GA and he lives in Italy but his US Drivers license is from Alabama and his parents live in North Carolina

CrimsonMapper

1st Team
Apr 19, 2006
Montgomery, AL
FYI...My mom received an appointment today with USA at the civic center. Her eligibility doesn't technically begin until Monday, but they told my dad that they have doses to give and the current eligibility group demand has slowed.

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
FYI...My mom received an appointment today with USA at the civic center. Her eligibility doesn't technically begin until Monday, but they told my dad that they have doses to give and the current eligibility group demand has slowed.
I haven't been to a primary doctor in years, but on the pre-appointment paperwork, it asked if I would like a vaccine. It then went into if you don't want a vaccine, choose why, and gave Facebook, or churches as options as to why someone would refuse.

Hell, I'm going to ask him about an hpv vaccine as well, because its better than driving across town to my obgyn just for the 2nd shot. Last year. insurance started coverage for everyone under 46.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Many people, myself included, cant stand to see a needle plunged into someones arm. Every day, whenever we see a covid story on TV, we see, over and over, needles plunged into the arms of others. Its a creepy sight. It didn't keep me from getting the vaccine (I just look away when getting the shot) but I wonder how many are turned off by this so much that it causes them to shy away from getting the shots. :unsure:

Fear of needles must be overcome for Covid-19 vaccine rollout to work - CNN

• Wow
Reactions: UAH and MobtownK

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Many people, myself included, cant stand to see a needle plunged into someones arm. Every day, whenever we see a covid story on TV, we see, over and over, needles plunged into the arms of others. Its a creepy sight. It didn't keep me from getting the vaccine (I just look away when getting the shot) but I wonder how many are turned off by this so much that it causes them to shy away from getting the shots. :unsure:

Fear of needles must be overcome for Covid-19 vaccine rollout to work - CNN
My husband doesn't have a "fear" but strong adversion to them. He doesn't get a flu vaccine, and nearly passed out watching me get epidurals. But got his covid vax.

When the kids have in the past whined about their vaccines - I describe polio, mumps, my own full blown hallucinations & scars from chicken pox, what happens when tetnus causes lockjaw, cervical & testicular cancer (hpv vaccine).... That advances in science ofer human history have made it to where they don't have to deal with these things - consider yourselves fortunate. A few seconds of discomfort is a luxury compared with getting polio. Obviously you can't do this with babies & toddlers, but I don't sugar coat it - at all.
I of course comfort them when they've cried - I'm not heartless. & then I buy them ice cream.

If only adults could have the forward thinking comprehension of my young elementary school kids.

ETA - I realize the irony, because I have an absolutely irrational fear of heights... easy for me to say..

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
My oldest son has an aversion to needles of any kind. The pain - he doesn't even think about the pain. But the needle - it is irrational and he knows it but can't change it.

My wife has been giving herself insulin injections for 50 years and still struggles with it. But she is fine with anyone else giving her an injection or drawing her blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.