Science: COVID-19 Vaccine Issues and New Poll Part II

Will You/Have You Take One of the COVID-19 Vaccines?

• I am smart and will take whatever vaccine is offered to me as soon as I can get it

Votes: 25 56.8%
  • I'm an idiot and will not take any vaccine despite the fact they save lives, will help end pandemic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will only take a certain vaccine (see comment)

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I am smart and lucky so I've already taken the first dose of a vaccine

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I am smart and super lucky so I've already taken both doses of a vaccine

Votes: 9 20.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Side effects effectively nil for me. Had a slight ache in the arm that received the shot, but that was minor and I was able to do a difficult plumbing job (lot of torquing on 1 1/2 brass fittings) yesterday evening with few issues.

My wife, on the other hand, is raising Cain
about her arm. Seems to be driving her nuts. No other side effects.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Side effects effectively nil for me. Had a slight ache in the arm that received the shot, but that was minor and I was able to do a difficult plumbing job (lot of torquing on 1 1/2 brass fittings) yesterday evening with few issues.

My wife, on the other hand, is raising Cain
about her arm. Seems to be driving her nuts. No other side effects.
My wife had no side effects at all from shot #1 on Saturday. Not even arm pain.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
  • Thank You
Reactions: Go Bama

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
i can see jesus doing the exact same thing
I missed the part that says "Thou shall not take a vaccine that uses a cell that is a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a cell that comes from a fetus"

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I missed the part that says "Thou shall not take a vaccine that uses a cell that is a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a cell that comes from a fetus"
i've got that clone clone clone clone down in my heart, down in my heart, ...

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Had my 2nd Moderna shot yesterday afternoon. Side effects just like the 1st. Headache starting last night, really bad right now, no fever or chills, slight injection site soreness.
Definitely worth it!!!! :)
Update :
Headache responded to nsaids in the afternoon and then felt normal until evening and chills set in for about 4 hours. That night headache set in again and this morning really bad. Nsaids helped again.
Still definitely worth it!!!! :)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
My area now has three types of vaccines available, Pfizer, Moderna and JnJ. Are they all relatively the same or has one been found to be better than the others?
With that choice, I'd take either Pfizer or Moderna over J&J. I had a choice of the first two and chose Moderna, mostly based on the vaccination venue...

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
My area now has three types of vaccines available, Pfizer, Moderna and JnJ. Are they all relatively the same or has one been found to be better than the others?
Take the first one available is my recommendation. They all work. They all keep you out of the hospital and the morgue.

My assistant, whose daughter had Covid, stayed home with her and took care of the child for two weeks and never got sick at all. The vaccines work.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Take the first one available is my recommendation. They all work. They all keep you out of the hospital and the morgue.

My assistant, whose daughter had Covid, stayed home with her and took care of the child for two weeks and never got sick at all. The vaccines work.
I thought his question was framed such that he had equal access to all three...

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

Take the one you can get today/tomorrow/ASAP. The differences are minor and it's difficult to compare the differences due to different time frames for the studies supporting the EUA with new variants on the rise. That said, I literally had a choice for the same exact day and chose Moderna (J&J was not out then). As GoBama stated, they all protect against hospitalization and death very well.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I agree with all who have said get the first vaccine you can regardless of manufacturer. I have found that pharmacies and State Health Departments generally only have available what the state sends them. At this point you probably will not have a choice, but in time I would guess all three manufacturers will be available at most distribution sites.

Reactions: Go Bama and B1GTide
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.