COVID-19 Vaccine Issues and New Poll Part III

Will You/Have You Take a COVID-19 Vaccine?

• I am smart and will take whatever vaccine is offered to me as soon as I can get it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only an idiot would refuse a vaccine without a valid medical reason and I'm an idiot.

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • I actually have a valid medical reason AND my medical provider has advised against vaccination.

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • I have received the first of my two doses.

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • I have received both doses or one dose of the J&J.

Votes: 27 75.0%
  • I'm still not sure. (please post concerns in comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
My dental assistant had to cut back to working only a half day recently because of a back issue. My wife, an RDA for over 26 years, has been filling in for her. Since my daughter has gotten sick, my wife is no longer available, and I have had to hire someone in a pinch. The best candidate available was a 19 yo with no experience, but a healthy dose of desire.

I hired the new girl yesterday. She starts Monday. The point of all this is I was able to arrange to get her a vaccine yesterday by simply calling a pharmacist that I knew was giving vaccines.

I don't expect to ever reach 80% vaccinated in this area. We are at the point now where if you really want the vaccine you can get it. At least it appears that way to me.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Follow Madison County Health Department on Facebook.
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Visit our online portal at ALCovidVaccine.gov to check your eligibility for vaccination and make appointments for COVID-19 vaccinations at county health departments.
Some county health departments are providing drive-thru or walk-in clinics. Search for clinics near you using our Vaccine Clinic Dashboard or COVID-19 Table.
Eligible Alabamians can now receive a COVID-19 vaccine through the Federal Retail Pharmacy Program at select CVS, Sam's Club, and Walmart locations across the state.
Other providers around the state are vaccinating at this time. You can view a list of other providers using the All Vaccine Providers tab on our Vaccine Clinic Dashboard or COVID-19 Table.
If you are interested in receiving an email notification when vaccine priority groups are expanded, please complete the Notification Form.
If you or someone you know needs assistance with filling out your information on our notification form or with using the website to schedule an appointment, please call our Vaccine Hotline at 1-855-566-5333

• Thank You
Reactions: MobtownK

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I know that, at one point, the Madison County Health Department was not verifying age at all. We had several friends go down and present themselves for vaccination who were not eligible as of the time they got it. They weren't asked questions...

Reactions: seebell

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
More than 247,000 people have died of COVID-19 in the U.S. since vaccines first became available mid-December. Officials had warned that dispensing enough vaccines to reach herd immunity would take months. And with the initial vaccine supply extremely limited and the virus running rampant across the nation over the winter, it was a sad reality that some would contract COVID-19 and die before they could be inoculated.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
My mom and my sisters keep making excuses of why they cannot get the vaccine. None have gotten it and told me they have not been able to make an appointment. I just looked to see if it was easy or hard and just plugging in random info I was easily able to see what appointments were available. So they are flat out lying. I don't know how to convince them to do it. What can I do?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
My mom and my sisters keep making excuses of why they cannot get the vaccine. None have gotten it and told me they have not been able to make an appointment. I just looked to see if it was easy or hard and just plugging in random info I was easily able to see what appointments were available. So they are flat out lying. I don't know how to convince them to do it. What can I do?
Tell them Biden is about to make a mandate that if you don’t have a vaccine card then it’s a fine

idk it’s hard to convince people at this point.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
My mother and sister were in the same boat until my mother got Covid and was hospitalized. Thankfully she survived, but they both now see that it is more dangerous than the vaccine might be. Sadly some people believe the conspiracies and/or allow their politics to skew their reasoning about this and so many other things. Short of suffering, I am not sure that there is a solution.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Tell them Biden is about to make a mandate that if you don’t have a vaccine card then it’s a fine

idk it’s hard to convince people at this point.
Tell them that only Democrats are allowed to get vaccinated now.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
My mother and sister were in the same boat until my mother got Covid and was hospitalized. Thankfully she survived, but they both now see that it is more dangerous than the vaccine might be. Sadly some people believe the conspiracies and/or allow their politics to skew their reasoning about this and so many other things. Short of suffering, I am not sure that there is a solution.
My niece actually had covid. She was in some bad shape, but recovered. Not only that someone that worked with my sister had it and was on life support. They turned off the ventilator and were waiting for her to die. She miraculously pulled out of it. Yet none of them will go get the damn vaccine.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
My wife is now fully vaccinated (I am still a few days away). She went to the Sunrise service this morning. It is outdoors and masked. She does not plan to attend an indoor service, even masked, for the foreseeable future. Most in our church are pretty old, and some are stubborn enough that they might not be getting vaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.