Science: COVID-19 Vaccine Issues and New Poll Part V

What's your vaccination status?

• Fully Vaccinated

Votes: 38 88.4%
  • Partially Vaccinated OR Scheduled

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • You can place that vaccine in my cold dead arm when COVID kills me!1!!1!

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Something Else: See Comments

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Because they don't believe it will happen to them and to hell with whomever they have a hand in killing. They do not care.
I wish I did not agree. But I do.

At this point, absent those under 12, and those whose immune systems don’t respond well (and they have my unqualified sympathy and support), it’s a choice. They have chosen to be a threat not only to themselves, but also to those who cannot protect themselves.

I fail to see the difference between this and DUI, with BAC of .30+, which is universally condemned as gobsmackingly bad.

If I were the Benevolent Dictator, hospital beds would be allocated first to those who are not eligible for the vaccine, or who have a medical condition that either prevents their being vaccinated, or limits the efficacy of the vaccine. Remaining beds would be allocated on a first-come, first served basis.

If a defenseless patient comes in, and there are no beds, there’s a lottery for who goes home. If you are eligible for the vaccine, but die at home gasping for God or the vaccine, because there is no room at the hospital, I have as much sympathy as I do for those who lose at Russian Roulette.

How hard is this, people? Get the stinkin’ shots.

Last edited:

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I wish I did not agree. But I do.

At this point, absent those under 12, and those whose immune systems don’t respond well (and they have my unqualified sympathy and support), it’s a choice. They have chosen to be a threat to not only themselves, but also to those who cannot protect themselves.

I fail to see the difference between this and DUI, which is universally condemned.

If I were the Benevolent Dictator, hospital beds would be allocated first to those who are not eligible for the vaccine, or who have a medical condition that either prevents their being vaccinated, or limits the efficacy of the vaccine.

Remaining beds would be allocated on a first-come, first served basis. If others die, gasping for God or the vaccine, at home without oxygen because there is no room at the hospital, I have as much sympathy as I do for those who lose at Russian Roulette.

How hard is this, people? Get the stinkin’ shots.
Well, the way it's going some areas are already struggling to keep up with demand and it is only going to get worse for now. Not only are there not enough beds but there is also a staffing shortage because medical and nursing professionals are tired of the BS, full stop. Many have left or plan to leave and won't be back. And everyone will be the worse for it.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Well, the way it's going some areas are already struggling to keep up with demand and it is only going to get worse for now. Not only are there not enough beds but there is also a staffing shortage because medical and nursing professionals are tired of the BS, full stop. Many have left or plan to leave and won't be back. And everyone will be the worse for it.
The drain on medical expertise might be the longest-lasting effect of COVID.

I hate they feel the way they do. But I understand it. Long story short, I have a better grasp of this than one might think a former banker could have.

Reactions: NationalTitles18

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
And I can't much blame the artists at this point. It's not their responsibility to assure their crowds are vaccinated. It would be nice if they or the venues did, but individuals need to take responsibility. That is not a license for carelessness as many have proposed. Responsibility does not mean what many apparently think it means.
I disagree. I blame the organizers just as much as I blame the right wing pastors that scream don’t get vaccinated. Especially now as this new wave is getting worse and worse. This is no time to have events that encourage thousands of people to attend, hopping that only responsible vaccinated people attend. This includes sports, current MLB stadiums, and the upcoming NFL/college seasons. If the organizers of these event don’t start taking responsibility for what they are encouraging people to do, then this wave is going to be the worst one yet.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I disagree. I blame the organizers just as much as I blame the right wing pastors that scream don’t get vaccinated. Especially now as this new wave is getting worse and worse. This is no time to have events that encourage thousands of people to attend, hopping that only responsible vaccinated people attend. This includes sports, current MLB stadiums, and the upcoming NFL/college seasons. If the organizers of these event don’t start taking responsibility for what they are encouraging people to do, then this wave is going to be the worst one yet.
Sadly, I agree. We had plans to attend an Alabama and an OSU game this year but have canceled them because of the upswing in cases. IMO, it would be irresponsible to attend an event like that right now.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Senate candidate Katie Britt trying to appeal to the far right.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Senate candidate Katie Britt trying to appeal to the far right.

nobody saw this coming

Reactions: TexasBama and Jon

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
It's a shame that political party affiliation enters the discussion at all. Everyone should want to promote health and safety and the end of this flipping pandemic regardless of political ideology.
I am sick and tired of people dying, including a few that I know - a friend, a nurse, a respiratory tech, an acquaintance's family member (and if I told you the name or what my acquaintance did you would all recognize their work and I'll leave it at that), someone I grew up with, another long time acquaintance.., I feel certain I'm leaving someone out. I take the callous disregard for life personally. All of those mentioned died before a vaccine was available.
It's hard to believe that so many have been so blinded and are stuck in a folie a famille.
The folks I mentioned died before a vaccine as well. Our IT manager was standing at my office door on a Friday and died 17 days later. He observed all the safety procedures but contracted the virus. What’s so sad is I know he’d have gotten vaccinated but it wasn’t available last fall.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

the states with the lowest vaccination rates have the highest hospitalization rates; states with the highest vaccination rates have the lowest hospitalization rates.
1627911347510.png

1627911370465.png

Last edited:

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I'm on the other side of this fence. Most of the guys that are getting paid at these events are people setting up and running PA, concessions, people who set up and break the stage, the guys that set up the drums and other musical gear, folks selling T-shirts, and the musicians. Garth may not need an income, but the guys playing with him do. If we're waiting on 80% to be vaccinated, that day is not coming and these people would be permanently out of work because their job doesn't exist anymore.

The unvaccinated are going to stay unvaccinated. It's past time to let the chips fall where they may. IMO, better sooner rather than later. Put the fear of God into the unvaccinated. Let a bunch of them get hospitalized and die. The longer it gets put off, the greater the risk of a variant resistant to the vaccines.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'm on the other side of this fence. Most of the guys that are getting paid at these events are people setting up and running PA, concessions, people who set up and break the stage, the guys that set up the drums and other musical gear, folks selling T-shirts, and the musicians. Garth may not need an income, but the guys playing with him do. If we're waiting on 80% to be vaccinated, that day is not coming and these people would be permanently out of work because their job doesn't exist anymore.

The unvaccinated are going to stay unvaccinated. It's past time to let the chips fall where they may. IMO, better sooner rather than later. Put the fear of God into the unvaccinated. Let a bunch of them get hospitalized and die. The longer it gets put off, the greater the risk of a variant resistant to the vaccines.
I've come around to this also. The primary reason is that it seems to be where things are heading in any event. I think there will be a modest uptick in vaccinations, as the severity of the new strain becomes more apparent and right wing influencers change sides of the fence (Ivey, Hannity, DeSantis, etc.) as it becomes evident that the hospitals are being packed by Republicans, not Democrats. However, 80% ain't in the cards. It's just not happening. This thing is going to burn itself out but not until thousands, maybe even hundreds of thousands, more die. All the rest of us can hope for is that, on the way out, they don't breed a variant which makes our vaccination useless, before the pharmas can come up with matching vaccinations or something more general purpose, which I understand they're working on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.