Science: COVID-19 Vaccine Issues and New Poll Part V

What's your vaccination status?

• Fully Vaccinated

Votes: 38 88.4%
  • Partially Vaccinated OR Scheduled

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • You can place that vaccine in my cold dead arm when COVID kills me!1!!1!

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Something Else: See Comments

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Looks like my job is going back to full time telework; there's a Delta-fueled surge in the region. I'm going back to wearing a mask in public. My family is vaccinated; there's little else I can do.

My youngest had a meet-the teacher in advance of school starting tomorrow. STILL no word from the BoE regarding COVID procedures.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Over the weekend I had a conversation with one of my high school best friends that I hadn't talked to in a while. We've actually kept in touch quite well over the years even though we live in separate states. Everyone in his family has gotten vaccinated but his household, which consists of him, his wife, and his age-appropriate daughter. I asked why they weren't getting vaccinated and he cited "unknown side effects".

This is what's so contradictory about this, "we're" so concerned about side effects of a vaccine that outside of a fraction of a percent, that we honestly do not even know if there will be any now or 20 years down the road. However, we will knowingly ingest food, alcohol, and tobacco products into our body's for a lifetime that WE KNOW causes deadly diseases years down the road.

This friend of mine is just coming off losing over 40 lbs (at the age of 45) due to the beginning stages of some bad health issues. Health issues that are directly related to him voluntarily living a certain lifestyle for 25+ years and knew the potential side effects the entire time he was stuffing his face with fast food, sugary sweets, and soft drinks. So I really don't want to hear about "unknown side effects" when we as a society have continued to participate in things for entire lifetimes that we've known the fatal consequences associated with, yet did them anyway.

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
From a member of the student Senate at the place where Nick Saban works:

he buried the tell pretty far down in the piece

Now, don’t be confused: I am not anti-vaccine.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Won't even move the needle for most. They will just claim the whole thing is a hoax. Folie a famille.
I think the majority of this country will eventually get on board with the vaccine, and it will be sooner than later. Unfortunately, there will be unnecessary sickness and death along the way. But, I can already tell in my little corner of the earth, things are starting to change regarding views on getting the vaccine, in a positive way.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I think the majority of this country will eventually get on board with the vaccine, and it will be sooner than later. Unfortunately, there will be unnecessary sickness and death along the way. But, I can already tell in my little corner of the earth, things are starting to change regarding views on getting the vaccine, in a positive way.
man, i hope you are correct.

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
I respect everyone's right to get it or not.
I know 10 who have died, 1 was a good friend (my former boss.)

BUT... I have 2 kids who aren't eligible yet. They would probably be fine, but God forbid they have complications or worse.

My ability to respect or have empathy absolutely ends with my kids health. Its a good thing its so widespread that we'd never know where they got it, because if I could track it down to an unvaccinated adult walking around Walmart coughing - I would be in jail for assault.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I respect everyone's right to get it or not.
I know 10 who have died, 1 was a good friend (my former boss.)

BUT... I have 2 kids who aren't eligible yet. They would probably be fine, but God forbid they have complications or worse.

My ability to respect or have empathy absolutely ends with my kids health. Its a good thing its so widespread that we'd never know where they got it, because if I could track it down to an unvaccinated adult walking around Walmart coughing - I would be in jail for assault.
Honestly, I have no problem with people who choose not to get the vaccine. I have a problem with their other irresponsible actions. They could go unvaccinated and still not pose a threat. All they have to do is mask up properly and maintain proper social distancing.

The problem - the people not getting the shots also demand the right to infect the rest of the world. They are responsible for the deaths of so many people, and I think they are evil.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
man, i hope you are correct.
When a pastor of a Southern Baptist Church in "the south" announces from the pulpit "PEOPLE, GET VACCINATED!" and keeps his job, then we're making progress. This actually happened in the pulpit of a church where several of our friends attend. The church has an active membership of around 150-200. The overwhelming majority (including the pastor) are conservatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.