Science: COVID-19 Vaccine Issues and New Poll Part V

What's your vaccination status?

• Fully Vaccinated

Votes: 38 88.4%
  • Partially Vaccinated OR Scheduled

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • You can place that vaccine in my cold dead arm when COVID kills me!1!!1!

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Something Else: See Comments

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
their skepticism is no doubt the result of extensive research

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I'll take "rushed for political reasons" on my goalpost move anti-vaxer bingo, it is basically a free square
I wish I could disagree, but I can’t. The cool thing about that excuse is that it lasts forever — you never have to move those goalposts again.

Mrs. Basket Case proposed federal payment several months ago, and for money that I think would move the needle on vaccination rates.

She said pay everybody who (1) can prove they’re already fully vaccinated, or (2) gets fully vaccinated in the future, $1,000. $1K per person.

Sounds like a lot of money until you do the arithmetic (doesn’t rise to the level of mathematics): There are about 350 million people in the US. Not all of them are eligible, but we’re calculating maximum cost here.

At $1,000 a head, assuming every single one is both eligible and takes the jab, that’s $350 Billion. Which sounds like a lot of money until you think that we’ve already spent $1 Trillion apiece on three different stimulus packages — $3 Trillion total.

The proposal is slightly more than a third of one of them — a ninth of the total.

Yes, pay them.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
President Joe Biden delivered a stern message on Tuesday to Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis over the Republican’s opposition to mask mandates: “Get out of the way.” ...

“Look, we need leadership from everyone. If some governors aren’t willing to do the right thing to beat this pandemic, then they should allow businesses and universities who want to do the right thing to be able to do it,” Biden said in remarks about the pandemic. “I say to these governors please help. But if you are not going to help, at least get out of the way of the people who are trying to do the right thing. Use your power to save lives.”

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
maybe these morons should spend some time thinking about actually doing their jobs instead of playing to their sociopathic base

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
- "Have you spoken with your doctor or pediatricians about the vaccine?"
- "Why not?"
- "So, you trust what you've read on the internet and 'heard from so and so' but haven't even spoken to your own doctors about it?"

...are the questions I've now started asking those who I come in contact with that give pushback against getting vaccinated.

I literally just got off the phone with one of my best friends about this, and I know I ticked him off, but that's okay. We "love each other" and have the type of relationship where we can be brutally honest and still be just as good of friends. After hearing all the BS I asked him the above questions, by the time I got to the last one I could tell he realized how illogical his argument sounded. Though he didn't admit it, I could tell. We'll have lunch later this week and he'll be fine. (y)

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
- "Have you spoken with your doctor or pediatricians about the vaccine?"
We'll have lunch later this week and he'll be fine. (y)
Hopefully fine with a first dose administered as well.

The closer school gets, and the worse delta gets - my husband is leaning towards getting for the youngest when allowed a few weeks after its out. I told him we can make an appointment to consult with the pediatrician. If he is that concerned, he can take off work and go to the pediatricians office to talk. (He never takes off work, and except 6 week appointments, I don't believe he's been to the pediatrician)

They are getting that shot one way or the other. I am very persistent.

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
I believe that last week I had mentioned my sister's friend who had gone to the hospital, been diagnosed, and thought the docs lied to him. Last week he ended up going back. She thinks he finally believes it's real - he had to be admitted again with covid & was having heart failure. I think he's back home now.

He likely got it at a local biker bar where many (including at one point my sister) frequent. But even the regulars now knows it's a hotbed of covid, and my sister won't go even vaccinated. A few regulars have died. Idk how many, because no one goes over there anymore - it's all anti-mask folks anyway, & full of covid.

It's less than a mile from my house.

Mobile has a 33.7% positivity rate. Word around is that ICUs are full. Urgent care has a 3-4 hour wait.

Is it real yet?

1628102843135.png

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I’ve tried to give some context on breakthrough infections. The nerdy girls do a great job.

The breakthrough percentage is shown at 0.01% and 0.29%, depending on state. That’s phenomenal. But I’m curious….The numerator in that ratio is clear (the number of breakthrough cases).

But what is the denominator in the rate of breakthrough infections?

Is it number of people in the state? Number of reported cases during X period of time? Number of people over 12? Number of vaccinated people? If the latter, do they count only fully vaccinated, or does it include people who have had the first shot but not the second?

BTW — I tried the ”See More” link, but it showed additional verbiage for only an instant, then went to a Facebook login. And since I’ve never had a Facebook account, and am not about to create one, I couldn’t do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.